Help - info on Leo Fender Stingray 1 please.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:28 am

Hi there. go easy. I'm a newbe so if this should be in a different forum section etc let me know. I have a Leo Fender Stingray 1 need to sell it. Problem is there is fairly little info on valuations etc for these guitars out there. If anyone has any idea of the age/value or is interested in giving this guitar a good home (it deserves it) let me know. I know Mr Fender made these and can find a lot of examples of stingray 2s. 1s seem a bit harder to come by. Its hasn't been played for a number of years as I use Jags mainly and it deserves to be put to use.
Any info would be very much appreciated or contact iancloughy@yahoo.co.uk. Based in Scotland.

Trying to figure out how to place images here...back soon.
Last edited by Craig on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin relocated thread into this sub-forum.

Re: Help - info on Leo Fender Stingray 1 please.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:35 am

Thaaar she is!

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:34 am

Hi Cluggs,

Welcome to GbL. When the Stingray evolved into the G&L F-100 in 1980, the headstock decals had "Series I" if the fret board radius was 12", and "Series II" if the radius was 7.5". I believe that the names "Stingray I" and Stingray II" were the same idea, i.e., just to identify what the fret board radius was. Other than that, they would have been the same instrument.

Ken
Last edited by KenC on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 am

sweet MM !! ..... thanks for sharing

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:sweet MM !! ..... thanks for sharing

+1

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 pm

See: New member seeking MusicMan Sabre I info and on Greg Gagliano's website see: Music Man Stingray I

:ugeek: