Frost finishes in the paint shop ... [updated]

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Recently posted on G&L's Instagram page:

Frost finishes in the paint shop. Top to bottom: Graphite Frost, Shoreline Gold Frost, Margarita Frost, Tangerine Frost, and a Black Ice.
A tropical beach and a frosty cocktail sound good right now.

The completed instruments (posted on G&L's Facebook page):

Last edited by Craig on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed photo links

Re: Frost finishes in the paint shop ... [updated]

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:53 am

I love these!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 am

The more I look at them, the more I change my mind as to which I like best. That's got to be a good thing!

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:16 pm

So how do these frost finishes hold up vs. the standard coated finishes? If I understand this finish, it's like a matte finish where there is no protective top-coating. Is that accurate? If so, how durable is it? In other words, would it be more susceptible to wear and/or relic-ing? Is that a word? :)

Thanks in advance for the response!

EDIT: Would LOVE to see pics of a black frost guitar as well. I bet that looks sexy as all hell!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Nubs wrote:So how do these frost finishes hold up vs. the standard coated finishes? If I understand this finish, it's like a matte finish where there is no protective top-coating. Is that accurate? If so, how durable is it? In other words, would it be more susceptible to wear and/or relic-ing? Is that a word? :)

Thanks in advance for the response!

EDIT: Would LOVE to see pics of a black frost guitar as well. I bet that looks sexy as all hell!

The Frost Top Coat should hold up the same as the Gloss finish, as they are both polyurethane finishes.

Here's one that was posted on G&L's Facebook page back in July:

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed photo links

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 am

I'm trying to find a compare of Candy Apple Red and Fullerton Red with and without frost. Anyone have a frosted Red?