Wait time on a custom order?

Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:15 pm

With the new line of Fullertons and Fullerton Deluxes, should I expect a longer wait time? I ordered an ASAT with MOP block inlays and deleted f hole semi hollow blackburst ash body.
The order was placed on Dec 18, 2018. The local store said 45 days. I've read 6 months. Any recent experience with wait times?

Re: Wait time on a custom order?

Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Mike D wrote:With the new line of Fullertons and Fullerton Deluxes, should I expect a longer wait time? I ordered an ASAT with MOP block inlays and deleted f hole semi hollow blackburst ash body.
The order was placed on Dec 18, 2018. The local store said 45 days. I've read 6 months. Any recent experience with wait times?

Is this a Custom Shop order or an Option Order order? Custom Shop orders usually have longer lead times.

Your local store said 45 days, so wait at least 30 business days and then ask them to get an update from the factory for you.

Just my $0.02.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Thank you. It must be an option order since it started as a base Fullerton deluxe then we went off a list of options.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am

I've ordered two Option Order guitars; however, one was not the typical option order guitar as it was a limited edition model (LE-2) built to order. That one took a long time. My other was an ASAT Classic S, I was was told 8-10 weeks. As I recall it took about 9 weeks. 45 days seems pretty short, that is under 7 weeks. Perhaps 45 working days, that would line up with my nine week wait for the ASAT Classic S. Also keep in mind the factory does shutdown at the end of the years for a couple weeks.

My best guess would be about beginning to mid March for a delivery date. Waiting is so hard, but it was worth it in both of my cases.

Cheers, Dan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 am

My guitar was ordered on December 18 and it arrived on Feb 12. With the holidays, that seems like a very fast turn around!

It is gorgeous too, of course.