Will Ray setups

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 pm

Howdy all, it's been a while since I last posted. Happy New year everyone.

I currently own a few G&L guitars. I ordered a brand new G&L Will Ray in 2013? Somewhere around there. I ordered from a mom and pop place so they would get a good sale. I asked him, to ask G&L if they could set it up to the exact specs that Will Ray uses. He did ask, and I am pretty sure it was the standard setup.

Will Ray does his own setup anyway. So, does anyone know where I could find his setup specs? I am a huge fan, and would love to set mine up to his exact specs. I might hate it and change it back after a week. But I would love to have the neck relief, action height, PU height, ect, dialed in just like the man,
Thanks for your time and enjoy the new year!

Re: Will Ray setups

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:33 pm

JimmyJames wrote:Howdy all, it's been a while since I last posted. Happy New year everyone.

I currently own a few G&L guitars. I ordered a brand new G&L Will Ray in 2013? Somewhere around there. I ordered from a mom and pop place so they would get a good sale. I asked him, to ask G&L if they could set it up to the exact specs that Will Ray uses. He did ask, and I am pretty sure it was the standard setup.

Will Ray does his own setup anyway. So, does anyone know where I could find his setup specs? I am a huge fan, and would love to set mine up to his exact specs. I might hate it and change it back after a week. But I would love to have the neck relief, action height, PU height, ect, dialed in just like the man,

Happy New Year and welcome back!

Check out this post for some setup info from Will Ray's past posts on his setup:

Default pickup heights: Will Ray Signature ASAT.

Hope this helps.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:22 pm

Craig wrote:
JimmyJames wrote:Howdy all, it's been a while since I last posted. Happy New year everyone.

Check out this post for some setup info from Will Ray's past posts on his setup:

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I had found those and they were helpful. But boy I would love to know how he sets his rod and his action. I would love to know the exact pu height, nut height, ect, ect as well. But if I had to boil it down to a minimum, I would be happy with the action height more than anything. It would be so cool to have my Will Ray setup just like his, even if I wound up changing it down the road. I just wanna feel like I am playing his guitar for a while

Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:52 am

JimmyJames wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I had found those and they were helpful. But boy I would love to know how he sets his rod and his action. I would love to know the exact pu height, nut height, ect, ect as well. But if I had to boil it down to a minimum, I would be happy with the action height more than anything. It would be so cool to have my Will Ray setup just like his, even if I wound up changing it down the road. I just wanna feel like I am playing his guitar for a while

Why don't you email Will and asked him? He has not posted/visited here since 11/2017, but he is very approachable. You can contact him through the Email link in his User Profie.
His user name is "helle-man". Here is the link to his Profile here: helle-man.

If you do, please post his information on his setup.

Hope this helps.