USA Budget Models around 2007 ish?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:04 pm

I seem to recall a lower priced line of USA models that came with gig bags only and made an appearance around '07, but I don't recall details. Does anyone know the specs on them or the story? Thanks!

Re: USA Budget Models around 2007 ish?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Ray Barbee Music wrote:I seem to recall a lower priced line of USA models that came with gig bags only and made an appearance around '07, but I don't recall details. Does anyone know the specs on them or the story? Thanks!

See this post: viewtopic.php?p=20391#p20391 about the 2006-2008 Fullerton Standard Series.
Also see: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).

Here's the specs for the Invader XL Fullerton Standard model:

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks! I posted a follow up on that thread about neck profiles on those.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 pm

IIRC, the SC-2 reissue came out around that time frame and only had gig bags...

Ken

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Anyone remember what the neck profiles were like on those? I can't remember if that was before or after the standardized A/B/C/D #1s. For a while they seemed to vary by year after cnc started.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 am

Ray Barbee Music wrote:Anyone remember what the neck profiles were like on those? I can't remember if that was before or after the standardized A/B/C/D #1s. For a while they seemed to vary by year after cnc started.

See my reply to your same question you posted on another thread: viewtopic.php?p=60439#p60439.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Doesn't really answer it. Before they standardized the sizes, which I guess was after those were made, they were all over the map. Size wise, some years after cnc started were just colossal, some were more reasonable. So I guess I'd be curious to know what the #1 necks were like in '07.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Ray Barbee Music wrote:Doesn't really answer it. Before they standardized the sizes, which I guess was after those were made, they were all over the map. Size wise, some years after cnc started were just colossal, some were more reasonable. So I guess I'd be curious to know what the #1 necks were like in '07.

If you look at the year you will see that the neck sizes were not standardized until after those models were in/out of production. Before standardization, the necks varied much like
the early days. My '07 is my WR signature and it is thinner than my '06 25th Anniversary Mahogany neck and about the same as my '08 Legacy SH. I don't have a problem
with any of those #1 necks. That's the best answer I can provide.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I've played some from those mid ought years that were so big they hurt my hand immediately. I don't like large necks, but I don't have an issue getting around on most of them. Some of those G&Ls from those years though were so big I literally found them unplayable. I assume since they were CnC'd at that point, that they didn't vary much within the year, at least not like they did in the 90s when it was total pot luck whether you got a skinny or a baseball bat or anything in between.