Twin Invaders from Yellow World

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Greetings from the land of Yellow. Check out the twins. I can't get enough.

Image Image

Just the new Invader

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Re: Twin Invaders from Yellow World

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:18 pm

That's gotta make ya smile.
They look like they left the factory the same day.

You might consider keeping sunglasses in cases, cuz' that's too cool :happy0065: 8-)

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:13 am

absolutely beautiful !!

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:56 am

Good stuff Tom!

- Jos

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:51 am

Excellent !

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks Guys, I don't know why but I really like this color. Is this just considered Yellow, or is it one of the other yellows like Lemon Drop or Lemon Yellow or Candy Lemon, Yellow Fever? I wonder if there is any documentation of all the different yellows out there. If you search the registry you would only find about 100 guitars registered as some form of yellow. Out of almost 20K guitars and basses.

Also, one of the reasons I posted a pic of the new cavity is to ask what you all think the body wood is? I would be inclined to say Maple, but what are your thoughts? I would like to be accurate in the registry.

Tom

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:25 pm

FZTNT wrote:Thanks Guys, I don't know why but I really like this color. Is this just considered Yellow, or is it one of the other yellows like Lemon Drop or Lemon Yellow or Candy Lemon, Yellow Fever? I wonder if there is any documentation of all the different yellows out there. If you search the registry you would only find about 100 guitars registered as some form of yellow. Out of almost 20K guitars and basses.

Also, one of the reasons I posted a pic of the new cavity is to ask what you all think the body wood is? I would be inclined to say Maple, but what are your thoughts? I would like to be accurate in the registry.

Tom

Nice score! :thumbup:

The color is "Yellow", see: 1988 Brochure.
"Candy Lemon" was a metallic finish, see: Candy Lemon F-100. It was aka "Lemon Yellow", see: viewtopic.php?p=62479#p62479.

"Lemon Drop" (aka "Vintage Yellow") and "Yellow Fever" are colors added in 2009 and 2010.

:ugeek:

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:31 pm

yellow fever just got discontinued