Re: Nut Material ?

Thu May 13, 2010 8:07 am

Moongunner wrote:Can anyone help me answer what the nut marerial is made out of on a early 90's Legacy , I have found spec's but I can't seem to find this out . Also has anyone changed to a Tusk or bone nut ? If so what did you think of the change . Thanks! Moongunner

The standard nut material used on G&L instruments is Micarta which is a "High-Tech" Plastic. If the nut is white or creme colored
and is the original nut on your Legacy it is Micarta. There is also the optional Graph Tech Graphite nut, too. It is black in color.

This article in Premier Guitar might be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.

Correction on nut material used by G&L

Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Craig wrote:
Moongunner wrote:Can anyone help me answer what the nut marerial is made out of on a early 90's Legacy , I have found spec's but I can't seem to find this out . Also has anyone changed to a Tusk or bone nut ? If so what did you think of the change . Thanks! Moongunner

The standard nut material used on G&L instruments is Micarta which is a "High-Tech" Plastic. If the nut is white or creme colored
and is the original nut on your Legacy it is Micarta. There is also the optional Graph Tech Graphite nut, too. It is black in color.

This article in Premier Guitar might be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

I just found out that the G&L factory had changed the nut material from Micarta to real Bone.
This change was made in September of 2009.

Hope this helps.