Classic MFD Neck - Dimensions

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 am

Hi guys. I am planning on buying a MFD Classic ASAT neck pickup for a project that I will be working on. I understand that these are quite a bit taller than standard Tele pickups. I've been searching for the exact height but have been unsuccessful in locating that info. Does anyone have that measurement handy? Want to make sure that I route this guitar with the correct height to fit the pickup. Cheers all. Thanks for any help.

Re: Classic MFD Neck - Dimensions

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 am

jdetente wrote:Hi guys. I am planning on buying a MFD Classic ASAT neck pickup for a project that I will be working on. I understand that these are quite a bit taller than standard Tele pickups. I've been searching for the exact height but have been unsuccessful in locating that info. Does anyone have that measurement handy? Want to make sure that I route this guitar with the correct height to fit the pickup. Cheers all. Thanks for any help.

I don't have the measurements, but this is what the G&L On-Line Store entry for the MFD AC neck pickup says:

Genuine G&L traditional size Magnetic Field Design single coil pickup as used on ASAT Classic and ASAT Classic 'S' models.

*For ASAT Classic 'S' model, please select Reverse-Wound/Reverse-Polarity (RW/RP) option.

Fits most Fender® USA and similar vintage spec Telecaster® models.

Fender and Telecaster are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.

Here is a photo of a 2015 ASAT Classic SH body showing the pickup routes:

If no one here posts the dimensions, then try contacting G&L Customer Support: (Repairs/Tech Support): G&L PRODUCT SUPPORT.

Hope this helps.