Tribute Bluesboy Do I really have a AS4255c? 2 Many wires?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:33 pm

[img][IMG]https://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/MNNUD15OQOxgA5/15925284.1/200/p/P3230110.jpg[/img]
[/img]

I tried this once and it didn't go through!!
Decided that I may mod the Bluesboy Tribute and have started looking for the correct Schematic that equates to it, if somebody could help. If not I will start drawing! Question is The guitar was built June 2016 and is supposed to have the Alnico (built in CORT) A14255c humbucker according to G&L Service. I know of the issues that people have been having with the 250K Pots and have tried different configs. The P/U has the red & white wires tied together and part of the shielded cable with a small black wire going to switch. Is this an Alnico as advertised and is this a split arrangement? Perhaps another PUP was substituted. I bought this a new from a dealer The Diagrams on the Gallery really don't show what I need {Thumbs attached!! I would like to find out is there a real schematic, and how to ID the PUP that is there. what is the PUP wiring diagram? Has anyone had luck with changing this with a PUP that matches the current Bridge MFD which I like. I , like others are trying to clean that neck muddiness. Anyone out there that has successfully found the correct PUP without a major redesign. Your input is greatly appreciated.
PROP[/img]Decided that I may mod the Bluesboy Tribute and have started looking for the correct Schematic that equates to it, if somebody could help. If not I will start drawing! Question is The guitar was built June 2016 and is supposed to have the Alnico (built in CORT) A4255c humbucker according to G&L Service. I know of the issues that people have been having with the 250K Pots and have tried different configs. The P/U has the red & white wires tied together and part of the shielded cable with a small black wire going to switch. Is this an Alnico as advertised and is this a split arrangement? Perhaps another PUP was substituted. I bought this a new from a dealer The Diagrams on the Gallery really don't show what I need {Thumbs attached!! I would like to find out is there a real schematic, and how to ID the PUP that is there. what is the PUP wiring diagram? Has anyone had luck with changing this with a PUP that matches the current Bridge MFD which I like. I , like others are trying to clean that neck muddiness. Anyone out there that has successfully found the correct PUP without a major redesign. Your input is greatly appreciated.
PROP

Re: Tribute Bluesboy Do I really have a AS4255c? 2 Many wi

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Look at the Album: ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematics located in the Gallery.

Here is the schematic for the Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top which has the same neck pickup:

Hope this helps.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi Craig and members:
Am I better off to change the both pickups and control panel from USA Bluesboy. People do not seem to be modifying that configuration. As shown, the print you sent for the Deluxe is with the higher Value Pots. I understand that is more condusive to the Buckers I can't find where the MFD Bridge PUP (which I Like} has been successfully paired with a different neck PUP without mods. And I would like to hear if there has been success stories that people have been real pleased changing to something different in the neck. I would entertain keeping the CORT Humbucker ( I guess designed by Paul G. 2.) Putting a new Humbucker in neck an 3. Changing the electronics if there is a proven difference . Sorry to ask all these questions, however one needs good suggestions to arrive at a Decision.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:09 pm

I did a search (keyword string "Tribute+Bluesboy+neck+pickup") on the forums and found these posts which might be helpful:

Bluesboy Tribute pickup swap ?
Any Bluesboy owners swap out the humbucker?
Bluesboy pickup change out
Tribute Bluesboy Pickup Balance
ASAT Classic (Tribute) Bluesboy ... new pickups and wiring
Installing Seth Lover in Tribute Bluesboy
P/U volume problem in Mid position!

Hope this helps.

If none of those help, then check out this post: RESOURCE: Paul's Technicalities sub-forum on bassesbyleo.com.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi again: Thanks Had read a few of them and found a few treasures to follow up on. Pauls sub forum is a great add on thank You for your effort