Examples of Pickguard delete option

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Photos are from G&L's Facebook page.
Note: These photos were taken with a cellphone camera under G&L Factory lighting.

Here’s an ASAT Special in Greenburst over swamp ash, pickguard delete, front and rear contours,
maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, Clear Satin finish, model logo delete.
CLF2205192 is truckin’ to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Bellingham, Massachusetts

ASAT Special in Emerald Blue Metallic, wood binding, rear contour, pickguard delete, maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard, Clear Satin finish, matching headstock.

ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Blackburst Frost over swamp ash, pickguard delete, rear contour,
maple neck with Light Tint Satin finish, model logo delete.

ASAT Special in Old School Tobacco Sunburst Frost over alder, pickguard delete,
front and rear contours, maple neck with Vintage Tint Satin finish.

ASAT Special in Natural Gloss over swamp ash, front and rear contours, Dual Fulcrum vibrato, pickguard delete,
maple neck with Caribbean rosewood board, Clear Satin finish, locking tuners.

Last edited by Craig on Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:50 am, edited 40 times in total.
Reason: added another image

Re: Examples of Pickguard delete option

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:57 pm

The removal of the pickguards definitely adds a unique element to these! I like the first one, but that might be because I'm a lefty & love orange. But this option is definitely something to consider for my next custom build!

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:07 am

Wow, those are nice!!!

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Hey Craig, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I'm with Nubs on the first one, the orange with F-hole is sweet.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Wow the number 3 and 5 are gorgeous IMO.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 am

Love the look with the specials, but the classic and BB bridges look a little outta element without the pick guard to fade into... Sure they all rock though :happy0007:

Sun May 22, 2016 11:25 am

I really quite like that look. I have from time to time removed the pearl p/g on my ASAT special (Ruby red metallc i think the colour is called) just for fun and it looks cool - but i always end up putting the p/g back on... (Though maybe its cause the screw holes mess with my OCD)

Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 am

love that last BB with the quilt

Sun May 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Good to see those, really lovely! I really like the look with the tele-type control plate but no guard.
I wish the option had been available back at the end of 2013 (I thought it was an off-menu, but was obviously mistaken); I tried to order it, but was told it would only be built if I ordered four or more (!). So most of my sexy blackburst is covered in plastic. Ace guitar, though!

Sun May 22, 2016 4:38 pm

you can get a clear pick guard ..... I want to get one for my USA flake ASAT Classic , next best thing

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:05 pm

I've also heard this called the Rear Mount Controls (RMC).

Definitely a modern, clean super sweet look. FWIW, I just oder a custom Legacy and went with a Pearl White Pickguard on Clear Orange. The pickguard has its place, both functionally and artistically.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm

mojokorn wrote:I've also heard this called the Rear Mount Controls (RMC).

Definitely a modern, clean super sweet look. FWIW, I just oder a custom Legacy and went with a Pearl White Pickguard on Clear Orange. The pickguard has its place, both functionally and artistically.

No, Pickguard delete option is not the same as the Rear Mounted Controls.
The Pickguard Delete: available for all ASAT Classic models with two pickups, ASAT Special and ASAT Special Semi-Hollow.
And the controls are front mounted in the control plate.

The production RMC models are currently the Legacy HSS RMC and Legacy HH RMC. See: Some photos of the new Legacy RMC models ....

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 am

mojokdorn wrote:I've also heard this called the Rear Mount Controls (RMC).

Definitely a modern, clean super sweet now. FWIW, I just oder a custom Legacy and went with a Pearl White Pickguard on Clear Orange. The pickguard has its place, both functionally and artistically.

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. I love 1 and 3.

Last bumped by Craig on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 am.