Can Research models be customized?

Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:36 pm

Hi there,

I'm considering a Custom order and in the online lists of options, I never see the Research models listed. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer about the ordering process, but in the meantime wondering if it is possible to build out a Research model with customizations?

Thank you!

Re: Can Research models be customized?

Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:56 pm

I would imagine that the Custom Shop would build one for you to your liking.

Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:45 pm

I dug around and found that indeed there are custom Research models out there. I'm thinking specifically of a Doheny V12. Thanks for the answer!

I will talk with my dealer, but trying to do as much research to prep in the meantime. This is a small town and the music shop I called (though listed by G&L as a dealer) wasn't exactly sure what the process was so I am awaiting a return call.

I'm grateful for all the info here!

Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:30 pm

rfcii wrote:I dug around and found that indeed there are custom Research models out there. I'm thinking specifically of a Doheny V12. Thanks for the answer!

I will talk with my dealer, but trying to do as much research to prep in the meantime. This is a small town and the music shop I called (though listed by G&L as a dealer) wasn't exactly sure what the process was so I am awaiting a return call.

On the January 1, 2023 Build To Order Dealer Price List second page mentions this:
Changes to CLF Research instruments can only be made at the Custom Shop.

For G&L Custom Shop orders, you must go through one of the G&L Custom Shop Dealers, listed on the new G&L Custom Shop website at http://glguitars.com/customshop/.

We have redated files (pricing information has been blacked out) for all of the current G&L Price Lists.
See this post: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed my cut and paste error which had left off the first sentence in this reply.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

Craig wrote:
rfcii wrote:I dug around and found that indeed there are custom Research models out there. I'm thinking specifically of a Doheny V12. Thanks for the answer!

On the January 1, 2023 Build To Order Dealer Price List second page mentions this:
Changes to CLF Research instruments can only be made at the Custom Shop.

For G&L Custom Shop orders, you must go through one of the G&L Custom Shop Dealers, listed on the new G&L Custom Shop website at https://glguitars.com/customshop/.

We have redated files (pricing information has been blacked out) for all of the current G&L Price Lists.
See this post: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

This changes with the 2024 Build To Order Price List, see: 3/1/2024-present Build To Order Specifications & Options.
The CLF Research models are now included in the list of BTO models.
Last edited by Craig on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CLF Research models are now included with the BTO models.