G&L Tribute vs....?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post on G&L guitar. I am also a member over in the bass section. I primarily play bass, but I was thinking of checking out the guitar line also since I love my L2500 Tribute so much.
I have 2 guitars currently: An Ibanez RGR421EXFM and an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. I love the playability of the Ibanez, but the LP has that classic thick sound. I kind of want to get down to one guitar though. I was thinking PRS SE at first, but now I am thinking maybe G&L Ascari....?
Which of the G&L Trib models would hit that sweet spot for me?
Thanks!

Re: G&L Tribute vs....?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 am

I have been eyeing and Ascari as well. One thing to remember is that the Ascari is 24 3/4" scale and your Ibanez is probably 25 1/2" . The Epiphone I would think is 24 3/4". From what I have read the Ascari neck radius would be closer to the radius on your Epiphone, but the thickness would be closer to your Ibanez. G&L also has a Fiorano that is 25 1/2 inch radius and a similar guitar to the Fiorano. Both of these have a 12" radius fingerboard. I would suggest getting out and playing one, but it you are like me, there is not one close for me to try. Hope this helps.

Re: G&L Tribute vs....?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 am

I got the Ascari GT-90, with P-90s. I love the guitar. The neck is very comfortable, and the pups sound good. I can only recommend it.

edg