G&L Tribute Asat Classic - options

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Evening,

Just came across this forum when looking at the G&L site. I am considering a G&L Tribute Asat Classic BB but have also seen a used model in blueburst but can't find anything about these on the G&L site. Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Re: G&L Tribute Asat Classic - options

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Not sure if it is just the way you worded your post but the pictured guitar is an ASAT Classic not a Bluesboy.

Here is a link to the G&L Tribute ASAT Bluesboy.

The Tribute ASAT Classic.

I looked around and only saw a Tribute ASAT Special in blueburst expected to ship 4/30/14 at Musician's Friend. G&L probably discontinued the color option or a dealer ordered it in bulk and offered it exclusively.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:55 am

Sorry, I know the pic is of a classic but a blueburst rather than the butterscotch.

The fact that I couldn't find any details about a classic in blueburst made me a little concerned, especially as this is in the UK and there doesn't seem to be masses of G&Ls around (in fact I only discovered them a couple of months ago).

Can anyone help with any details/specs on the blueburst classic?

Thanks

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:57 am

Check the Knowledgebase and do general searches here for Tribute details. I was looking around the internet and noticed one Tribute listed with a 7.25" radius on Amazon (out of stock). As far as I can tell the Tributes have always come with a 9" radius. The pictures are gone but here are the details when the Tributes were announced. The USA ASAT's were exclusively 7.25" at one time. You can get some USA models in either 7.25" or 12" now.

Blueburst was offered initially. Tribute specs have been fairly consistent except for finish & trim options. In 2012 G&L adjusted the Tribute finish offerings. I don't know whether or not Blueburst had still been available up to that point.

G&L has used different factories (China, Korea and Indonesia) since they debuted. They are also currently made in Japan but those are meant to stay in Japan. Depending on the year of a used model there could be slight differences.

The Blueburst is a gorgeous finish.

Good luck!

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:50 am

Salmon wrote:Check the Knowledgebase and do general searches here for Tribute details. I was looking around the internet and noticed one Tribute listed with a 7.25" radius on Amazon. As far as I can tell the Tributes have always come with a 9" radius. The pictures are gone but here are the details when the Tributes were announced. The USA models were exclusively 7.25" at one time. You can get some USA models in either 9" or 12" now.

G&L has always had 7.5" radius fretboards not 7.25" as standard or optional on the USA models. Recheck that Amazon link and you will see they have it listed as 7.5", which is
of course, incorrect for a Tribute ASAT Classic. :searching:

You cannot get any G&L USA models with a 9" radius fretboard. Where are you getting your information? Please check the G&L Knowledgebase and
read this post: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?.

DoLCG wrote:Sorry, I know the pic is of a classic but a blueburst rather than the butterscotch.

The fact that I couldn't find any details about a classic in blueburst made me a little concerned, especially as this is in the UK and there doesn't seem to be masses of G&Ls around (in fact I only discovered them a couple of months ago).

Can anyone help with any details/specs on the blueburst classic?

Thanks

Tribute ASAT Classics have had Blueburst finish available from 2003 thru 2010.
It was dropped in 2011 (based upon July 1, 2011 Dealer Price List). Tribute Series instruments do tend to change available
color finishes and body woods since they were first introduced in 2003. As Salmon mentioned, search the G&L Knowledgebase for some
history on the Tribute Series models.

Also note that the Serial Numbers on the Tribute Series instruments have the Build Year and Month as the first four digits of the SN.
See: Serial number significance for details.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 am

Craig wrote:
Salmon wrote:Check the Knowledgebase and do general searches here for Tribute details. I was looking around the internet and noticed one Tribute listed with a 7.25" radius on Amazon. As far as I can tell the Tributes have always come with a 9" radius. The pictures are gone but here are the details when the Tributes were announced. The USA models were exclusively 7.25" at one time. You can get some USA models in either 9" or 12" now.

G&L has always had 7.5" radius fretboards not 7.25" as standard or optional on the USA models. Recheck that Amazon link and you will see they have it listed as 7.5", which is
of course, incorrect for a Tribute ASAT Classic. :searching:

You cannot get any G&L USA models with a 9" radius fretboard. Where are you getting your information? Please check the G&L Knowledgebase and
read this post: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?.

I must be psychic I felt the urge to reread my post and was making the correction to that original "9"" error when you posted. It was meant to be 7.5" as you have pointed out. Sometimes I tend to focus on an outside letter or number and blur on the adjacent figures.