Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top control cavity?

Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Hey there gents,

I'm looking to pick up a Tribute ASAT Deluxe carved top T-style guitar in the coming weeks, but I plan on putting an EMG 57/66 set in it. Since I've been burned in the past with unexpected things on various guitars, I was wondering if anyone could share with me an image of the ASAT Deluxe's control cavity - I'm looking for anything that would make it difficult to install EMGs (namely a lack of place to put the battery). If the cavity is just open, like it is on a Les Paul for example, then everything should be fine. If not, I may need to reassess my pickup selection.

Thanks!

Re: Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top control cavity?

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm

DivingBell wrote:Hey there gents,

I'm looking to pick up a Tribute ASAT Deluxe carved top T-style guitar in the coming weeks, but I plan on putting an EMG 57/66 set in it. Since I've been burned in the past with unexpected things on various guitars, I was wondering if anyone could share with me an image of the ASAT Deluxe's control cavity - I'm looking for anything that would make it difficult to install EMGs (namely a lack of place to put the battery). If the cavity is just open, like it is on a Les Paul for example, then everything should be fine. If not, I may need to reassess my pickup selection.

Thanks!

It's very likely you would need to enlarge the control cavity to make room for the battery.

I'm curious: have you tried the Tribute ASAT Deluxe CT and if so, what don't you like about the pickups?

:ugeek:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:27 am

You have a PM

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:42 am

Craig wrote:
DivingBell wrote:Hey there gents,

Thanks!

It's very likely you would need to enlarge the control cavity to make room for the battery.

I'm curious: have you tried the Tribute ASAT Deluxe CT and if so, what don't you like about the pickups?

:ugeek:

I have not tried it. I'm a metal player who also happens to love classy guitars (and Teles!), and I already have a very specific use in mind for this guitar. The 57/66 set is perfect for what I want to do with it, which is the only real reason for the change.
Last edited by DivingBell on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 am

JagInTheBag wrote:You have a PM

Replied.