Hot demo of the Ascari - you've got hear/see this

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:10 am

This should go up on the G&L web site on the media tab.

This should kick sales of this model up a few notches.
Maybe enough to warrant a USA model some day?
Paul Gagon's pickups sound awesome and should
be retained on any future USA model.

[youtube]RudsNP_Shzw[/youtube]
Last edited by jwebsmall on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hot demo of the Ascari - you've got hear/see this

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:18 pm

gagonator pup's are awesome !! .... I installed a set on my red/white/blue ASAT Deluxe

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi All

I have to admit i'm a sucker for a great bargain and as such could't resist buying a perfect condition 2012 Ascari GTS off a uni student for $180. He was switching to play bass guitar. I know the purists wont accept that this is a true G&L due to its closeness in design to the Cort M-600 and the fact that its not made in the States but i don't care at all about that. The fact is, it is G&L's first set neck, 3 a side guitar so in a way is collectable in my view. Though i'm still learning to play better and cannot do this guitar justice, i have had a few mates play it and they absolutely love it. The pickups provide great tone and sustain, the build quality is fantastic, it looks just gorgeous and is a pleasure to play they say. We have played it with an old Randall RG40R amp i bought in not working condition for $50. A replacement $2.50 bridge rectifier in the power supply fixed the amp so for a total of $232.50 i have in my opinion one of the best ever combination of guitar and amp for the money. The bargains are out there, there is no doubt of that.

Cheers from OZ
Geoff

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Sounds like you got at great deal on the guitar and the amp!

ON Samuel C Lees soundcloud page he has a song called Boom Boom using the ascari
and it really brings out the sweetness (musical) of these pickups IMO.

https://soundcloud.com/g-l-uk

It's the 16th song in the play list.

These demos of the G&L guitars are terrific for comparing models.

He gets some really nice lead blues tones out the ASAT classic tribute too
on "Nobody Knows".

The way he uses the comanche he puts its harder edge to good service in the mix.

Having all the songs listed like this really helps a/b'ing the models and identifying
the characteristic tone of each.

I can hear a lot of songs in each of them and he really makes the ascari shine IMO.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi J,

Yes, they were both great deals, i dont think i will ever do better.. This demo is good too,
phpBB [video]
These guys make me so jealous, lol,

Cheers
Geoff
Last edited by Craig on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: put video inline.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:08 am

Nice demo - thanks!

J