Tribute pickguard versa Classic

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:08 am

Will a Classic tribute pickguard fit a ASAT classic, are they the same.

I've found a white one on ebay, would prefer black.

Re: Tribute pickguard versa Classic

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 am

GentlemanJim wrote:Will a Classic tribute pickguard fit a ASAT classic, are they the same.

I've found a white one on ebay, would prefer black.

No they are not the same, see:

asat classic pickguard
Difference in pickup position of the ASAT Classic vs Tribute
Pickguard replacement

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Thanks Craig, I've read all the post and it appears a lot of folks had the same question.
Now I'd like to purchase a black classic pickguard. Does G&L offer them, if not where do I go, hold that thought.
How do I order one and where.
Jimbo

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:26 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Thanks Craig, I've read all the post and it appears a lot of folks had the same question.
Now I'd like to purchase a black classic pickguard. Does G&L offer them, if not where do I go, hold that thought.
Jimbo

Jim: You have to order from Chandler Guitars through their Pickguard Heaven website:

http://pickguards.us/

Greg.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Case24 wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:Thanks Craig, I've read all the post and it appears a lot of folks had the same question.
Jimbo

Jim: You have to order from Chandler Guitars through their Pickguard Heaven website:

http://pickguards.us/

Greg.

The pickguards for the G&L Tribute models are not made by Pickguard Heaven but are sourced by the factory at the country of origin.
So, they (Chandler) requires you to provide the original pickguard so that they can copy it exactly. There are other pickguard makers;
do a search the Internet, but you will need to provide the original or perhaps some will take a tracing. Did you see the reference to another
pickguard supplier in the third link I provided in my earlier post?

:ugeek:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 am

Did you see the reference to another
pickguard supplier in the third link I provided in my earlier post?

I guess not, but I will take another look see. Thanks gang this has been a great help

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Just want to throw it out there at the risk of being completely wrong. In the Difference in pickup position of the ASAT Classic vs Tribute post, Craig mentions the reason to be the Tele-tooling already being available at the Indonesian factory. In that case a 'traditional' Tele pickguard from Chandler may work although I cannot guarantee the screw holes to be at exactly the same place.

- Jos