G&L tribute fallout replacement pickguard

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am

I was wondering if it's possible to get a replacement pickguard for a G&L Tribute fallout, If it is,
Where can I get one?

Re: G&L tribute fallout replacement pickguard

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Len,

Chandler Pickguards can do it for you, but.......... http://pickguardheaven.com

The Tribute PGs are not the exact same as the US PGs. So you will have to trace yours out and send it to them.

Later,

edg

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

LenMe wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to get a replacement pickguard for a G&L Tribute fallout, If it is,
Where can I get one?

I'd suggest that you check out the following link (there is a posting in the 'Knowledgebase' about this very topic) - http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewt ... 12&t=10716

Anyhow, long story short, I'm the proud owner of a 2014 G&L Fallout (Tribute Series - Made in Indonesia). I actually took the original pickguard off of my Fallout and sent it to Pickguard Heaven for duplication (I now have a tort one for my gloss black Fallout - my local tech is currently giving the Fallout its first set-up and he'll toss on the new pickguard for me).

I let Pickguard Heaven know that my guard was from a Tribute Series model - I also provided them with the year of manufacture as well as the serial number of my guitar. In a perfect world, they would have made a template for their internal uses - if that is the case, you wouldn't have to send them your guard (or even a tracing of it). So, if I was you, I'd definitely get in contact with Pickguard Heaven in order to inquire about this.

Additionally, Pickguard Heaven was a pleasure to deal with and I'm thrilled with the quality of the pickguards that I ordered. They also shipped quickly and were packaged up very carefully.

Finally, here's my NGD thread - viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11976

Best of luck - keep us posted!

Ryan

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:49 pm

RYAN1987M wrote:
LenMe wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to get a replacement pickguard for a G&L Tribute fallout, If it is,
Where can I get one?

I'd suggest that you check out the following link (there is a posting in the 'Knowledgebase' about this very topic) - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10716

Anyhow, long story short, I'm the proud owner of a 2014 G&L Fallout (Tribute Series - Made in Indonesia). I actually took the original pickguard off of my Fallout and sent it to Pickguard Heaven for duplication (I now have a tort one for my gloss black Fallout - my local tech is currently giving the Fallout its first set-up and he'll toss on the new pickguard for me).

I let Pickguard Heaven know that my guard was from a Tribute Series model - I also provided them with the year of manufacture as well as the serial number of my guitar. In a perfect world, they would have made a template for their internal uses - if that is the case, you wouldn't have to send them your guard (or even a tracing of it). So, if I was you, I'd definitely get in contact with Pickguard Heaven in order to inquire about this.

Additionally, Pickguard Heaven was a pleasure to deal with and I'm thrilled with the quality of the pickguards that I ordered. They also shipped quickly and were packaged up very carefully.

Finally, here's my NGD thread - http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic ... 36&t=11976

Ryan

Ryan, Thank you for that reply, I actually live in Israel so sending the pickguard to the "Pickguard Heaven" won't be cheap.
I'll go ahead and visit a guitar luthier from Tel Aviv who could duplicate the pickguard,
Can you please reupload pictures of your Fallout?

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 am

LenMe wrote:
RYAN1987M wrote:
Where can I get one?

I'd suggest that you check out the following link (there is a posting in the 'Knowledgebase' about this very topic) - http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewt ... 12&t=10716

Finally, here's my NGD thread - viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11976

Ryan

Ryan, Thank you for that reply, I actually live in Israel so sending the pickguard to the "Pickguard Heaven" won't be cheap.
I'll go ahead and visit a guitar luthier from Tel Aviv who could duplicate the pickguard,

Hi Len,

Reloaded pics of my Fallout are right near the bottom of my NGD Thread.
I'll definitely post new pictures once I get the Fallout back with its new pickguard.

Best of luck in your endeavor - it's cool to run into someone have way around the world who's undertaking the same project.

Take care,

Ryan

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:33 am

LenMe wrote:Ryan, Thank you for that reply, I actually live in Israel so sending the pickguard to the "Pickguard Heaven" won't be cheap.

Hi Len - I've just replaced my Tribby guard with a USA Chandler guard without sending mine - they do fit (but not 'perfectly'). I have taken a few pics, if you are interested they are here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10716&p=85036#p85036

Cheers,

Rb

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Well, the new tort pickguard (from Pickguard Heaven) has been installed!

Before –

After –

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Wow! That looks stunning now Ryan! I'm a bit partial but I love the look of a black guitar with a Tort pick guard. :happy0065:

Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 pm

well..was going to do a mike quick guard but at 65.00 i cannot justify this. Looks like the usa fallout will work even if not perfect overall.