ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow - Tribute Series - Heavy??

Wed May 05, 2010 11:13 am

Does anyone know the weight of the ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow Tribute Series? I also play Gibson Les Pauls and they are HEAVY. I am trying to find something the is lighter than a Les Paul so that it does not kill me to play it standing up for more than an hour.

Re: ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow - Tribute Series - Heavy??

Wed May 05, 2010 11:26 pm

I have an ASAT Classic S and a Comanche (not tribute though but shouldn't matter). I also have a problem with very heavy guitars so i tend to go with lighter ones. The ASAT is fairly light, although being a semi-hollow it's got a bit of thickness to it. If you have it too high it'll dig into your ribs a bit. Other than it's very comfortable and easy to hold.

The Comanche however is *very* light. I can grab it by the body and easily pick it up with one hand. Actually when I first got it the package was so light compared to the ASAT's that I thought I got rooked and they didn't send the guitar. It also is very form fitting to the body, smooth shape, and very comfortable.

If you're going for the lighter guitar, definitely check out the semi-hollow comanche tribute if you can, but if not a similar ASAT will probably be good too.

Zed

Re: ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow - Tribute Series - Heavy??

Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 am

I have both a Les Paul Studio and a Semi-Hollow BluesBoy (USA). Using the not very accurate bathroom scale, I weigh 7 pounds more holding the BluesBoy and 10 pounds more holding the Les Paul. However, that 3 pounds seems significant when strapping on the guitar and playing.

-recluse