Fallout Tribute

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:33 am

Hi,

I ordered a Fallout Tribute, but had to send it back as the switch was broken off. I would like to know if I can upgrade to the USA switch and pots, when I get the replacement.
Thank you

Re: Fallout Tribute

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 am

Photo51 wrote:Hi,

I ordered a Fallout Tribute, but had to send it back as the switch was broken off. I would like to know if I can upgrade to the USA switch and pots, when I get the replacement.
Thank you

Not likely, but contact the selling dealer to find out for sure.

:ugeek:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 am

Thanks for replying.

I was wondering if the USA made switches and pots sold on the G&L store page would work?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 am

Photo51 wrote:Thanks for replying.

I was wondering if the USA made switches and pots sold on the G&L store page would work?

Yes, they will.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:58 am

Would you be kind enough to give me the part numbers, or which ones I should order?

I really like the guitar.

Thank you

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 am

Photo51 wrote:Would you be kind enough to give me the part numbers, or which ones I should order?

I really like the guitar.

Thank you

Best I can do is give you this wiring diagram and from it you should be able to find the right parts in the On-Line Store:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:16 am

Thank you.

If anyone has changed to the USA ones and knows which ones to order could answer.

Thanks

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 pm

I have never changed the pots, switches, etc. on an imported G&L, but have done so many times on imported Epiphone guitars. It is possible that the USA pots, switches, and jack will have a different diameter than the metric parts on the Tribute guitar. While only a minor complication, you may need to use a reamer to open the holes slightly on the guitar. Obviously check the fit first.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:50 pm

perfect timing on the wiring diagram ,thanks Craig , I'm expecting a Seymor Duncan Invader in the mail to replace the TB4 bridge in my Fallout

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

The pots are great, there's really no need to upgrade anything.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:11 pm

misposted