Tribute Fallout neck vs SC-2

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Hello,
I just bought a new Tribute Fallout. I find the neck is a bit too big for my hands.

I ordered a SC-2 from GC due on Monday.

The Fallout Tribute is reported to have Medium C. The USA SC-2 has a G&L #1 which I *think* USA Classic C. Will it seem less thick than Fallout neck?

Let's say I were to like the SC-2...$1100 from GC. Would it be sensible to have Luthier install smaller G&L neck or just return to GC buy custom order?

Thanks...telecaster user new to G&L world.

Re: Tribute Fallout neck vs SC-2

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,

Regardless of the feel of the neck, I don't believe that you can swap them.

edg

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:09 pm

I don't want to swap necks between these two...but trying to see if the SC-2 can accommodate a less beefy G&L neck I would order from them. It seems like SC-2s were limited to one neck in the past.

Is it likely the SC-2 neck will feel less thick than the Fallout Tribute?

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:54 pm

G&L states that the SC-2 has no neck options. When i was pricing new ones, Music Store Live told me they could order different necks / radius if I wanted. I ended up buying a used SC-2 and am happy with the neck size and shape.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Luckily with GC they have a 45-day return policy on guitars. With very few G&L's around my area, I have not been able to really try and have had to buy and return several.

So if the SC-2 doesn't work out, I will get an ASAT with a dual fulcrum vibrato.