New 2017 Tribute Colours?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Just noticed there's 2 new s500 colours, Irish Ale and Sonic Blue, up on sites like Wolfe Guitars and Northeast Music center.

Re: New 2017 Tribute Colours?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 pm

goatofballstreet wrote:Just noticed there's 2 new s500 colours, Irish Ale and Sonic Blue, up on sites like Wolfe Guitars and Northeast Music center.

Yes, those two colors are new to the Tribute Series S-500. I am waiting to get the new updates from my contact at G&L and expect it this week or next. I will
then update the General G&L Questions sub-forum of the Knowledgebase forum.

:ugeek:

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Awesome, that sonic blue is right up my alley. Irish Ale would be there but I'm not a big fan of the printed G&L tort guards, maybe a mint guard. I wonder if that means the Comanche is getting new colours.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:31 am

Big fan of the new color choices. I've had the tobacco sunburst and "vintage white" colors. The sunburst is excellent but the vintage white looks more like french vanilla.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:36 am

I hope these new colours also come for the European customers.
I've seen some interesting models the came up but just for some American shops.
G&L please share the love for us Europeans :D
And a S-500 tribute with 9' radius neck :happy0007:

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:08 am

:thumbup: I like the new colors! Anyone know, is the body still mahogany on the Tribute S-500's? I like the Irish Ale - almost looks like whiskey!

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 am

I am also liking the new Irish Ale color! Hard to find any info on it. I see the guitar listed on rayhillaudio.com and have inquired about body wood.

Update: I ordered one yesterday. The dealer said only 30 of them were made. Appears I may have gotten the last one from him, as it now shows out of stock on his website. Will post when I receive it.

Update: Came in today!!! I think it is mahogany - it's pretty heavy. Love the color, gorgeous finish. Plays nice straight out of the box. Will need a good setup and a new nut (horribly cut but serviceable until I get out of the return period).

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 am

Glad to hear it! I also saw a white bodied Fallout tribute with a black pickguard from a store on Reverb. Very nice looking combo with the black pick ups.