G&l Tribute ASAT Carved Top pickups

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:12 pm

I bought a set of ASAT Tribute Carved Top pickups used. They are stamped G&L and have stickers G/L-LP-R and G/L -LP-F. And have the corresponding F &R stamped on the back as well. From the website here they are neck model AS4255C and bridge AW4370C. Wire colors are blue, black, red, white and bare on each.

I am assuming the pickup with the longer lead and stamped with an F and F on the sticker is the neck pickup. I need to know how to wire these for split coil operation. I have a guitar that has the tone pot for
splitting and two volume controls. Thanks in advance.

Re: G&l Tribute ASAT Carved Top pickups

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:12 pm

SamIV wrote:I bought a set of ASAT Tribute Carved Top pickups used. They are stamped G&L and have stickers G/L-LP-R and G/L -LP-F. And have the corresponding F &R stamped on the back as well. From the website here they are neck model AS4255C and bridge AW4370C. Wire colors are blue, black, red, white and bare on each.

I am assuming the pickup with the longer lead and stamped with an F and F on the sticker is the neck pickup. I need to know how to wire these for split coil operation. I have a guitar that has the tone pot for
splitting and two volume controls. Thanks in advance.

See Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics in the Gallery: Album: ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematics.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply. The diagrams do not show a blue wire, but all the others are present. I will assume the blue and green are the same and will give this a shot. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Had to go to the G&L website and found the schematic for Ascari GTS and that worked. Maybe I should have thought about going to the G&L website, but without you posting the ones above I would have never thought about it. Came here first due to the knowledge base here. The Ascari had the same color code on its pickups. Thanks again for the tip.

http://www.glguitars.com/schematics/Asc ... rawing.pdf