G&L Tribute Slow Roll Out?

Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 pm

None of the local shops in my state seem to have gotten any of the new 2018 G&L Tributes and they're not showing up on any of the big box retailers. I was hoping to grab an Asat Classic sometime soon in black. Anyone have any ideas if the tributes numbers more limited or they just haven't been shipped out yet?

Re: G&L Tribute Slow Roll Out?

Tue May 01, 2018 5:09 pm

goatofballstreet wrote:None of the local shops in my state seem to have gotten any of the new 2018 G&L Tributes and they're not showing up on any of the big box retailers. I was hoping to grab an Asat Classic sometime soon in black. Anyone have any ideas if the tributes numbers more limited or they just haven't been shipped out yet?

Have you asked any of your local dealer(s) if they know when the new Tributes will be available? And make sure to let them know what you are wanting, too.
I had heard that the Tribute Dohenys would be available some time this month but that was a couple of months ago that I had asked.

I will see what I can find out tomorrow.

Wed May 02, 2018 8:11 am

Craig wrote:
goatofballstreet wrote:None of the local shops in my state seem to have gotten any of the new 2018 G&L Tributes and they're not showing up on any of the big box retailers. I was hoping to grab an Asat Classic sometime soon in black. Anyone have any ideas if the tributes numbers more limited or they just haven't been shipped out yet?

Have you asked any of your local dealer(s) if they know when the new Tributes will be available? And make sure to let them know what you are wanting, too.
I had heard that the Tribute Dohenys would be available some time this month but that was a couple of months ago that I had asked.

I heard back from Dave Brown (Sales):

Hey Craig,

Yes, the Tribute Doheny will be available towards the end of this month, we expect delivery in the next 1- days.
The Tribute ASAT Classic should be available, depending on the color. They still need to check with their local G&L dealer.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
dB

Hope this helps.

Thu May 03, 2018 11:01 am

Yeah WTH I can't find a lefty Dohney Tribute anywhere! ;)

Tue May 15, 2018 10:50 am

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:

I heard back from Dave Brown (Sales):

Hey Craig,

Yes, the Tribute Doheny will be available towards the end of this month, we expect delivery in the next 1- days.
The Tribute ASAT Classic should be available, depending on the color. They still need to check with their local G&L dealer.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
dB

Hope this helps.

I just heard that the Tribute Dohenys are now shipping. So, check with your local G&L dealer.

Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

A couple showed up this morning on Reverb for pre-order. Any word if these will be available through Guitar Center/Musicians' Friend?

Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Beyer160 wrote:A couple showed up this morning on Reverb for pre-order. Any word if these will be available through Guitar Center/Musicians' Friend?

Very likely since they are Premier G&L Tribute dealers:

Musician’s Friend
Premier Dealer – Made in Fullerton – Guitars and Basses
Premier Dealer – Tribute Series
Tel: (877) 509-9963

You might give them a call to find out.

Hope this helps.

Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Craig wrote:
Beyer160 wrote:A couple showed up this morning on Reverb for pre-order. Any word if these will be available through Guitar Center/Musicians' Friend?

Very likely since they are Premier G&L Tribute dealers:

Musician’s Friend
Premier Dealer – Made in Fullerton – Guitars and Basses
Premier Dealer – Tribute Series
Tel: (877) 509-9963

You might give them a call to find out.

Hope this helps.

They don't carry the USA Doheny, though. I thought about reaching out to them, but the phone CSRs at GC/MF are there to process orders and really can't help with much else. The chat CSRs aren't even good for that. I looked for a Customer Service email address and couldn't find one on the site, but Google turned one up. I did email them, I'll let you know what kind of response I get (if any).

Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 am

So here's the first response-

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.
I see we carry a couple different G&L Doheny Tribute guitars, is there a specific one you were looking for?

Of course, there are no Dohenys on GC's site, or on any of the other members of the GC family (Musician's Friend, Woodwind & Brasswind, M123). So I followed up, and a second CSR replied that they have plenty of G&L Tributes, but no Dohenys. It would seem at this point that they won't carry them, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 am

Beyer160 wrote:So here's the first response-

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.
I see we carry a couple different G&L Doheny Tribute guitars, is there a specific one you were looking for?

Of course, there are no Dohenys on GC's site, or on any of the other members of the GC family (Musician's Friend, Woodwind & Brasswind, M123). So I followed up, and a second CSR replied that they have plenty of G&L Tributes, but no Dohenys. It would seem at this point that they won't carry them, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

In case you have not seen the latest Tribute Doheny specifications:

NEW! Doheny
Finishes
· Jet Black, 3-ply White pickguard, tinted gloss neck with Maple fingerboard and black block inlays
· Olympic White, 3-ply black pickguard, tinted gloss neck and Maple fingerboard and black block inlays
· Surf Green, 3-ply white pickguard, tinted gloss neck and Brazilian Cherry fingerboard with white pearloid block inlays
· Lake Placid Blue, 3-ply white pickguard, tinted gloss neck and Brazilian Cherry fingerboard with white pearloid block inlays
Body wood Basswood
Neck wood Hard-Rock Maple
Neck dimensions 1 5⁄8” width at nut, 9” radius
Pickups Two wide bobbin G&L Magnetic Field Design pickups
Controls 3-position pickup selector, volume, PTB system
Bridge G&L Dual-FulcrumTM vibrato

Reference post: January 28, 2018-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Hope this helps.

Fri May 18, 2018 5:58 am

Thanks, I'd seen the spec but for various reasons buying from MF/GC is preferable to me. I don't have another dealer anywhere nearby so I'd need to order online regardless, and MF has various rebate/discount options as well as a great return policy. In my experience Tribute QC is more hit and miss than I'm comfortable with buying blind without a good return option. We'll see what shakes out when the Doheny Tributes become more widely available.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 am

Just saw a couple tribute Dohenys (Dohenies?) pop up on Reverb.com for preorder.