Tribute ASAT Junior II electronics

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 am

Hi. I just ordered one, used. I've had a bunch of Tributes, my #1 gig guitar all last summer is actually a Tribute ASAT Classic that I gutted electronically, replacing everything with CTS pots, Pure Tone jack, Oak Grigsby 4 way switch, orange drop caps and Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. I know the Tribute electronics are "fine" but these upgrades DID improve it.

On the tribute ASAT Jr, do I need short or long shaft pots? I know I may need to enlarge the holes slightly. Do I need a short, long or right angle 3 way switch? Has anyone gutted one? Cant find pics online. I just need to know what to order, thx.

Re: Tribute ASAT Junior II electronics

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

bigben wrote:Hi. I just ordered one, used. I've had a bunch of Tributes, my #1 gig guitar all last summer is actually a Tribute ASAT Classic that I gutted electronically, replacing everything with CTS pots, Pure Tone jack, Oak Grigsby 4 way switch, orange drop caps and Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. I know the Tribute electronics are "fine" but these upgrades DID improve it.

On the tribute ASAT Jr, do I need short or long shaft pots? I know I may need to enlarge the holes slightly. Do I need a short, long or right angle 3 way switch? Has anyone gutted one? Cant find pics online. I just need to know what to order, thx.

The pots are long shaft because they are rear-mounted into the body. Check the G&L Online Store for the 3 way switch in the Electronics category.
You might also contact G&L Support, see:Tech Support.

Hope this helps.

Re: Tribute ASAT Junior II electronics

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 am

Thx. The online store doesnt list/have 3 way toggle type switches. Should I get a short or long one of those?