Limited edition?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm

I'm new to the group, so please forgive any missteps I might make.. I recently purchased a Limited Edition Tribute Series Legacy with Maple Fretboard Olympic White, my first G&L, but I can't get an answer to what makes it a limited edition...the most common answer is that the Olympics white is not a standard color...maybe a GC special run. Can anyone shine some light on this???
Thanks,
J

Re: Limited edition?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 pm

nathandad2000 wrote:I'm new to the group, so please forgive any missteps I might make.. I recently purchased a Limited Edition Tribute Series Legacy with Maple Fretboard Olympic White, my first G&L, but I can't get an answer to what makes it a limited edition...the most common answer is that the Olympics white is not a standard color...maybe a GC special run. Can anyone shine some light on this???
Thanks,
J

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum->G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models.

Hope this helps.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:02 pm

nathandad2000 wrote:I'm new to the group, so please forgive any missteps I might make.. I recently purchased a Limited Edition Tribute Series Legacy with Maple Fretboard Olympic White, my first G&L, but I can't get an answer to what makes it a limited edition...the most common answer is that the Olympics white is not a standard color...maybe a GC special run. Can anyone shine some light on this???
Thanks,
J

The short answer is less expensive pickups, made overseas rather than CLF-100s, made in the US.

David

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:55 pm

That makes absolutely no sense. A limited edition because it's got cheaper pickups....I had higher expectations.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 am

Limited edition is a marketing term. There is nothing limited about a Tribute series guitar as they are made in large quantities by Cort in Indonesia. The GC/MF guitars are "Limited" in that they were made specifically for and only sold by Guitar Center/ Musician's Friend. The pickups in those guitars are the same specification as the Fullerton pickups, just wound at the Cort factory in Indonesia. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference, They are very nice guitars that can be purchased at very reasonable prices. Enjoy it.