Legacy Tribute very general weight question

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:42 am

As the title states this is a very general question. I am looking to add either a MIM Fender Strat or a Legacy Tribute to my collection. I have Fender Jeff Beck strat that is pretty heavy, but it's not a problem physically or tone wise. I am hoping to find something on the lighter side but this will be an on line buy based on my budget and local availability. So it WILL be a crap shoot. From what little I have been able to find on the internet Legacy's are all on the heavier side as a rule. Is this the opinion of the membership here? I am sure there are heavier and lighter MIM Strats so getting one of those would be a crap shoot as well weight wise. I guess what I am getting at is this, am I more likely to get a heavier Tribute because they all are?

Re: Legacy Tribute very general weight question

Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:07 am

Sweetwater has a cool feature (which I don't remember seeing before) where if the guitar is in stock they will show you the weight of the model and also the weights of other guitars of the same model you can pick the lightest one. I find my 2 tributes to be on the heavy side.