ASAT Special 2012 vs current: neck radius, nut width, etc.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:40 am

I understood that before July 2015 the standard neck had a 12 inch radius and that after that date the standard neck became the modern standard with a 9.5 inch radius.

I am not sure though, whether this applies to the Tribute models as well. I am also curious about more details of the current and 2012 necks.

I ask the question, because I want to know if I have to hut down an older instrument or not.

Thanx for your help.

Re: ASAT Special 2012 vs current: neck radius, nut width, et

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 am

alwinvrm wrote:I understood that before July 2015 the standard neck had a 12 inch radius and that after that date the standard neck became the modern standard with a 9.5 inch radius.

I am not sure though, whether this applies to the Tribute models as well. I am also curious about more details of the current and 2012 necks.

I ask the question, because I want to know if I have to hut down an older instrument or not.

Thanx for your help.

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum:
What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

For the Tribute Series instruments see the various Tribute Series Production models lists and
the 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute & Placentia Series ... in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum.
Here is the current Tribute Series Production models list: June 1, 2021-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Hope this helps.

Re: ASAT Special 2012 vs current: neck radius, nut width, et

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:36 am

Craig wrote:
alwinvrm wrote:I understood that before July 2015 the standard neck had a 12 inch radius and that after that date the standard neck became the modern standard with a 9.5 inch radius.

Thanx for your help.

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum:
What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

For the Tribute Series instruments see the various Tribute Series Production models lists and
the 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute & Placentia Series ... in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum.
Here is the current Tribute Series Production models list: June 1, 2021-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your swift reply, great.