Tribute Legacy radius

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:04 am

Have Tribute Legacy's always had a 12" fretboard radius? I thought for a while, all Tribute's had a 9" radius. But I could be wrong.i know I've had 4 different Tribute ASATs with 9" radius.

Also, since the MF/GC special extra inexpensive Tributes come with non G&L built pickups, is there a way to differentiate these when buying used?

Re: Tribute Legacy radius

Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:18 am

bigben wrote:Have Tribute Legacy's always had a 12" fretboard radius? I thought for a while, all Tribute's had a 9" radius. But I could be wrong.i know I've had 4 different Tribute ASATs with 9" radius.

Also, since the MF/GC special extra inexpensive Tributes come with non G&L built pickups, is there a way to differentiate these when buying used?

I reviewed all the G&L Tribute Dealer Price Lists I have and with the exception of the 2009-2010 Tribute Pricelists, the Tribute Legacy models all were listed with a
12" radius. The 2009-2010 Tribute Pricelists had all the guitars and basses listed with a 9" radius.

Here the 2003 Tribute Series announcement post which contains the details of the various models which were released:
What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

To see the various specifications of the Tribute Series models, look in the G&L Knowledgebase forum, in the G&L Specifications and Options subforum.

Regarding the MF/GC Limited Edition Tribute Series and Placentia Series models, see: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute & Placentia Series ....

Besides reviewing the post I mentioned above, the easiest way to determine them is to look at the Serial Number and the country of origin.
See this post: Serial number significance.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected the exceptions for 2009-2010 Pricelists which have 9" radius for the Legacy models.