It was recently noticed on the glguitars.com Tribute pages..

Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:50 am

I was recently perusing Ken Baker's bassesbyleo.com forum and saw a post with this Subject: Are ALL Tribute pickups now made in Fullerton?.
This post references this statement on the glguitars.com Tribute Series Guitars and Basses pages:
Tribute Series by G&L brings Leo Fender‘s latest designs to popular price range.
Tribute Series brings unique G&L features and standardized CNC construction together in a surprisingly affordable line of guitars and basses.
With genuine G&L Fullerton made pick-ups, G&L designed bridges and electronics, Tribute instruments feature tone, sustain and playability that far surpasses instruments at higher prices.

The underlined statement is what caught the poster's eye and wondered if this is really a true statement.

I emailed Memo Romero about this to find out if it was, and if so, when this change was made.

Here is Memo's reply:

HI Craig,
Only the MFD pickups used on the Tributes are made at the G&L factory, the
rest of the pickups are made by Cort, which would be the Alnico pickups.
That needs to be corrected, thanks for bringing it to our attention, all
the best.

Memo Romero
G&L/BBE SERVICE MANAGER

I still think the Fullerton factory still supplies the Legacy CLF-100 single-coil
pickups for the standard Tribute Legacy models, though.

I also emailed Ken to let him know what I heard from Memo about this.

Re: It was recently noticed on the glguitars.com Tribute pag

Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:42 am

Excellent sleuthing, Craig. That is good info.

- Jos

Re: It was recently noticed on the glguitars.com Tribute pag

Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:36 pm

G&L has finally fixed this to say:

The G&L Tribute Series brings Leo Fender’s innovative spirit to a popular price range, yet core G&L features can be found throughout the line. In fact, all Magnetic Field Design pickups in Tribute Series instruments continue to be made on Fender Avenue just as they are for Fullerton Deluxe models. Combining Leo’s pioneering technologies with CNC manufacturing standards provides the G&L Tribute Series with tone, construction, and playability consistent with his vision.