2003 L2000 Tribute Needs New Truss Rod Nut

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:21 pm

Recently purchased this guitar which I believe is made in Korea. Anyway, the present truss rod nut is partially stripped and I intend to replace it. I found this link, but not sure if it's the correct type or size. There isn't an email address linked on that site, so not sure how to contact them. Hoping someone here has knowledge of the proper replacement size and type.

Re: 2003 L2000 Tribute Needs New Truss Rod Nut

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:51 pm

GLeek wrote:Recently purchased this guitar which I believe is made in Korea. Anyway, the present truss rod nut is partially stripped and I intend to replace it. I found this link, but not sure if it's the correct type or size. There isn't an email address linked on that site, so not sure how to contact them. Hoping someone here has knowledge of the proper replacement size and type.

Contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] and ask him what size (metric) nut is used for the 2003 Tribute Series L-2000 truss rod nut and where you might be able to purchase one from. His email address is repairs@glguitars.com.

You might ask him if the 2006 Tribute Series 4mm nut will fit on the 2003 Tribute Series L-2000 truss rod. The G&L On-Line Store sells the mid-2006 and up to mid-2013 4mm truss rod nut kit.
Here is the link to it: replacement-truss-rod-bullet-kit.

Hope this helps.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:38 pm

Will do. Thanks

Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:30 pm

This is Memo's reply today. "The Tribute truss rod nut uses a 4mm hex wrench, here is the link for the nut used on Tribute instruments https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/ ... bullet-kit

As for the bridge pickup not working in the series parallel mode; check the bridge pickup connections to ensure the wires are connected properly also look for wires that may be shorting out with other solder points as this will cause the pickup to become intermittent. I have attached a copy of L2000 wiring diagram so you can check to make sure everything is wired correctly. If you have any questions email me back, have a great day."

After I read his reply I checked the (Harbor Freight) hex wrench set I used and I did use a 4 mm wrench and not a 5 mm that I listed prior.

The second part of his answer is toward another issue this bass has that I asked him about. The following was my question to him "Other issue is the bridge pickup works fine in every combination except when the parallel/series switch is set to bass boost. In that mode it's barely audible. The neck pickup works in every mode/combination. Both pickups engaged work in every mode/combination.
I checked wiring and none are disconnected. Solder joints look okay, but may not be.
Tapping on the pickups with a chopstick produces sound. Seems to be getting 11 out of the 12 sound combinations. Any thoughts?"

He attached an L2000/L25000 wiring diagram in his e-mail. I tried to attach it here, but not sure how to do it. Very kind of him to reply so quickly to me.