Groovy Groove on JB-2 Bass in Shell Pink

Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:52 pm

This is a groovy groove I had to learn. At night I peruse You Tube and watch all kind of bass, guitar and amp various videos. Once in a while a groove gets to me and i just have to learn a version of it. I came across a video from a Korean channel and this girl was playing this super cool groovy funky riff showing of a Lakeland bass. It hooked me. I played that video 10 times or so to feel it.
She inspired me to do a take as best I could with my 9 months into playing bass. So I sat and watched it over and over and over to see what she was doing. Slowed it down to try and get the feel bit by bit. Her fingers barely even move for much of it so it was a chore to figure out. At first I thought this groove would be pretty easy but it was not! Have to focus and relax and try to stick with the groove. That was a great challenge.
So here is a short video I did of my attempt at the groovy groove. I started calling it the Big John.
The JB-2 felt the best playing this and I love the tone. Not had this bass long but it is becoming the one I seem to grab the most of late.
Shug

phpBB [video]

Re: Groovy Groove on JB-2 Bass in Shell Pink

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:59 am

That was awesome.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 am

DanDoulogos wrote:That was awesome.

Mucho appreciato Dan. I had a fun time making the little video. It is sometimes motivation to knuckle down and get on a bass line. I'm really quite smitten by that JB-2.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:57 am

Hey Shug,

Groovy cool indeed!

Kudos to your videographer as well. :thumbup:

Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:49 pm

sam wrote:Hey Shug,

Groovy cool indeed!

Kudos to your videographer as well. :thumbup:

Thankee Sam. I am the bass player and videographer and editor. One man shop!!! Oh, and bass balancer.