b-stock fallout bass

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:18 pm

looking for a 2nd short scale bass.. saw the b-stocks on the store sight.. about to buy, any thoughts?

Re: b-stock fallout bass

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:39 pm

I have had very good luck with the 2nds on there. I recently bought an ASAT Classic Bluesboy there and it is awesome. The descriptions say exactly what is wrong with them and I've not found any that had problems that were not listed. The photos don't always show minor imperfections but the description is accurate. Also, for the price those are at right now I don't think you would have any problem getting your money back out of it if you find you don't like it.

Edited to add: The descriptions used to be very descriptive of the blemishes but those fallout bases on there right now seem a little more generic (likely because they may have multiples of those same colors). I still wouldn't be too worried though, myself.

Latest factory 2nd. It is great and didn't even have the "2" stamped over the serial number. Only had a little extra clear coat built up over the end of the nut and some sandpaper quickly remedied that. I think there is a dark spot in the wood grain on the neck too but it's under the finish and does not affect playability at all. I wasn't sure if I'd buy it but a holiday sale pushed me over the edge. Don't wait for a sale though if you see one you want.

The Tribute S-500 on the right was a 2nd from the G&L store. I bought the baby blue USA S-500 and sold the Tribute. I regret it a little. The Tribute was a little better.

Re: b-stock fallout bass

Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:06 am

cool Peavey Deuce! (and nice looking blues boy!)
those old Peaveys are like early '70's chevy impalas, they never die!