Tribute neck?

Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:15 am

I have a question about Tribute necks. I saw a Tribute ASAT Classic semi-hollow whose neck is described as: "NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius"

Is that neck the same as a USA Modern Classic neck?

If not, do you know the specifications for that neck? Is it thin, medium, chunky, etc?

Thanks,

Charley
Last edited by charleyrich on Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Tribute neck?

Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:06 pm

charleyrich wrote:I have a question about Tribute necks. I saw a Tribute ASAT Classic semi-hollow whose neck is described as: "NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius"

Is that neck the same as a USA Modern Classic neck?

If not, do you know the specifications for that neck? Is it thin, medium, chunky, etc?

Thanks,

Charley

Not likely because all Tribute Series ASAT Classic models (including the Bluesboy SH and ASAT Classic SH) have this neck definition in the Dealer Price Lists listed as: NECK DIMENSIONS: 1 5/8" (41.3mm) width at nut, 9" radius . I believe the profile is Medium C.

Unfortunately, the G&L website for the Tribute ASAT Classic models list the neck radius as 9.5" but that is incorrect, it should be 9" radius.
And again unfortunately, the Latest Tribute Price List (Effective June 1, 2021) does not include neck specifications.

If you know the first 4 digits of the Serial Number (YYMM) of the guitar, you can look up the Dealer Price List (pricing Redacted) in the G&L Knowledgebase forum, G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:53 pm

Thanks for your help, Craig.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on neck specifications for Tributes on the page you sent me to. I do have the first 4 numbers of the serial number: 2101.

The dealer price lists for he Tribute models don't seem to have anything on neck dimensions.

--Charley

Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:07 pm

Craig,

I looked further and couldn't find anything in the Tribute lists that resembled the one I was looking at. Could this be a one-off?
The guitar is on Reverb at https://reverb.com/item/74012420-pre-owned-g-l-tribute-series-asat-classic-semi-hollow-electric-guitar-excellent-condition

I realize the tuning pegs are not original. The serial number ( 210120061) indicates this is a 2021 model, but the model list for that year doesn't show a Tribute Classic semi-hollow, nor does it show double binding.

Could this be a counterfeit G&L Tribute or just a one-off?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Regards,

Charley

Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:28 pm

charleyrich wrote:Craig,

I looked further and couldn't find anything in the Tribute lists that resembled the one I was looking at. Could this be a one-off?
The guitar is on Reverb at https://reverb.com/item/74012420-pre-owned-g-l-tribute-series-asat-classic-semi-hollow-electric-guitar-excellent-condition

I realize the tuning pegs are not original. The serial number ( 210120061) indicates this is a 2021 model, but the model list for that year doesn't show a Tribute Classic semi-hollow, nor does it show double binding.

Could this be a counterfeit G&L Tribute or just a one-off?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Regards,

Charley

That's one of the 2020-21 Limited Edition models. Here is a link to the chart I got from Sales when I first heard about them:
2020-21 Tribute Series LE models

If the radius number is acurate listed as 9.5" then it still does not match the US Modern Classic profile because the nut width on these are 1 5/8".
The US Modern Classic profile has a nut width of 1 11/16'" with 1 5/8" string spacing.

These were Limited Editions made available to G&L dealers for a limited time. I don't know how many were built of each those configurations,
but they were built at the same factory in Indonesia as the standard Tributes Series models.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:44 pm

Thanks!

Do you know if the pickups are made in the USA or made in Indonesia to US specs?

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Charley

Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:49 pm

charleyrich wrote:Thanks!

Do you know if the pickups are made in the USA or made in Indonesia to US specs?

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Charley

The pickups are MFD single coils and were made at the Fullerton, CA factory and sent to the Cortek factory in Indonesia.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:47 am

Thank you!