how do the tributes stack up against the US models?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm

bit of as side track, but how do the tributes stack up against the US models? I have a 86 Asat, will a tribute just feel/sound like a poor cousin? I had to sell my MX tele after getting the Asat as it felt horrible :( I have cash for a new guitar and fancied a tele or tele type and as I love the Asat i was thinking of a Classic
john

Re: how do the tributes stack up against the US models?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:40 pm

oneeyedog wrote:bit of as side track, but how do the tributes stack up against the US models? I have a 86 Asat, will a tribute just feel/sound like a poor cousin? I had to sell my MX tele after getting the Asat as it felt horrible :( I have cash for a new guitar and fancied a tele or tele type and as I love the Asat i was thinking of a Classic
john

Since your post was off-topic :sign0006: and in the wrong sub-forum, I moved it here.

Okay, now to your question: this has been discussed a few times before,
so here are a couple of posts to check out:

First some background posts on the Tributes:

What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

Why the change in manufacturing location for the Tributes?

G&L Tributes made in China?

Now a few regarding your question:

Are "Tribute" series G&L's any good?

Tribute vs USA...The real differences??

HONESTLY, how bad are the tributes?

There are also posts asking about the difference between Tribute and USA on specific models, so browse (or search)
this sub-forum and the General G&L Questions sub-forum of the Knowledgebase for those.

I personally think they are terrific "bang for your buck" instruments, but trying them out
will really help you determine how they stack up with the USA models.

Hope this helps.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

sorry ...... :? should have posted here! problem that i have up here (over here?) is that no guitar stores, of which there are less and less, carry G&L! I really envy you guys over in the US for the huge choice you have in dealers , stores etc .. at least that how it seems !!
cheers
john

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 pm

oneeyedog wrote:sorry ...... :? should have posted here! problem that i have up here (over here?) is that no guitar stores, of which there are less and less, carry G&L! I really envy you guys over in the US for the huge choice you have in dealers , stores etc .. at least that how it seems !!
cheers
john

Where are you located?

Sat May 05, 2012 4:53 am

Craig, I just noticed that I hadn't replied to your question last YEAR!!!! sorry......... I'm in Scotland, a wee village called Clelend in North Lanarkshire. I had purchased a MX Telecaster 72 Thinline since then but only yeasterday I had advertised it for a trade and a music store owner 30 miles away offered me a brand new Tribute Classic in exchange.......... how happy am i?
john

Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am

you should be.