Any Ascari/Fiorano Clips?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Not yet sure about the aesthetics of the Tribute Ascari and Fiorano guitars, but I am dying to hear G&L's new humbucker and I am definitely open to the idea of 3-to-a-side tuners and a set neck from G&L. If they wind up doing USA versions, you know they'll be done right. But the proof is in the pudding as they say. Anybody played one? Are there any clips out there?!

Re: Any Ascari/Fiorano Clips?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm

haven't seen any clips yet but i see an Ascari has already popped up for sale on da bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-ASCARI-Newe ... 589002a803

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Check this post out in the G&L Audio and Video Clips!!! sub-forum:
Edisun music video:Tribute Ascari ...

G&L has these same videos on the Tribute Ascari GTS page.

Hope this helps.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 pm

desertrat07 wrote:Anybody played one?

Zombywoof mentioned playing one in this post. Hopefully he will give us some more info on how they sounded.

Craig - great to see the Ascari in action in the video but - just curious - since the track itself has been in the public domain for about four months, do we know if an Ascarri was used in the recording?

cheers, Robbie

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Aussie wrote:
desertrat07 wrote:Anybody played one?

Zombywoof mentioned playing one in this post. Hopefully he will give us some more info on how they sounded.

Craig - great to see the Ascari in action in the video but - just curious - since the track itself has been in the public domain for about four months, do we know if an Ascarri was used in the recording?

cheers, Robbie

I don't know but will try and find out. In the mean time, here is the same song done live at Guitar World Studios with the Ascari in sound and action:

Edisun - "Wide Awake" at Guitar World Studios

[youtube]60mKk8tNPvw[/youtube]

Hope this helps.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Cool ... thanks Craig - I'll check it out when I get home. I'm interested in hearing it in action as one of them may well fill a niche in my collection but there's no way I'll get to see one in the flesh here.
cheers, Robbie

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks Craig! The Ascari sounds pretty darn good to my ears. The sound reminds me of the PRS Mira I used to have (at a third of the price). Can't wait to see the USA models and options.