NGD - Tribute S-500

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Happy New Guitar Day, to me...

Come on, everybody sing along!

:happy0065:

After owning what it one of the darkest sounding strats I've ever heard, UPS delivered my brand new S-500 last night. Wow, this is one nice guitar. It's in blueburst with a maple neck. The color is very dark, so please excuse the photos, which make it look black. And I can't get a good-enough shot showing the color without getting reflections.

I'm going to take it to a luthier tomorrow for a professional setup. The neck feels great, but the frets are very sharp. Besides the fret dressing, the action is a little too high.

<br>
<br>

Re: NGD - Tribute S-500

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Great looking S-500. Is the push-pull on the volume?-- Darwin

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 pm

No, it's on the treble knob. Although this is a Tribute, it sounds fantastic. The push-pull is great in that it adds some additional, and useful, tonal options.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:16 am

Nice guitar.

Treble knob!?! Mine is on the volume. I guess there is no standard placement.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:03 am

meowmix wrote:Nice guitar.

i would move it to the treble knob regardless where it was. a much better solution. i like the volume to stay in the same position for consistent results.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:15 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
meowmix wrote:Nice guitar.

i would move it to the treble knob regardless where it was. a much better solution. i like the volume to stay in the same position for consistent results.

+1 Though I have no direct experience of this I was going to make the same point that I would want this very condition, the volume knob to be consistent (out/in), with the push/pull on a different knob.

Also, that is a beautiful combo Blueburst with maple fretboard wood.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks a lot. It looks even better in natural lighting. Dropped it off at the luthier the other day before going out of town on vacation, which is why I'm so slow to respond. Sorry for that. I'll try to take better pics next weekend, but yeah, it's a great looking combo.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:16 pm

i really like the guitar, but the puke guard has to go and put a pick guard on it.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:32 am

louis cyfer wrote:i really like the guitar, but the puke guard has to go and put a pick guard on it.

Don't like the pearl, eh? What do you think, white? I wonder how black would look.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I like it. White is so plane jane. Nothing wrong with pearl.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm

bgunckel wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:i really like the guitar, but the puke guard has to go and put a pick guard on it.

Don't like the pearl, eh? What do you think, white? I wonder how black would look.

i think white would work great, and black would be interesting. either one works.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:52 pm

meowmix wrote:I like it. White is so plane jane. Nothing wrong with pearl.

sure there is. it is wrong. always.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 pm

lol.....

Personally, I'm with meowmix here. I think the stock pickguard looks good. Enjoy and post some more photos when you get the chance. And welcome, btw. - ed

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 pm

I think a black P/G goes well with a blueburst.