Trbute ASAT deluxe

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

I just bought my son a red Trbute ASAT deluxe at a great price at a local store in Springfield Mo. We got it at 20% off list price. My boy is 10 years old and he has been taking lessons since the first of the year. We went thru 3 Fenders Affinity we bought used off of craigslist and I got tired of buying wore out guitars so I got him a G&L and it sounds great. I can't believe the differents in sound. The guitar teacher said it had a hum to it. I haven't had it setup yet but I think that will help. Maybe one day when he is older and still interested I will get him a USA G&L.

Re: Trbute ASAT deluxe

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 pm

peshewah wrote:I just bought my son a red Trbute ASAT deluxe at a great price at a local store in Springfield Mo. We got it at 20% off list price. My boy is 10 years old and he has been taking lessons since the first of the year. We went thru 3 Fenders Affinity we bought used off of craigslist and I got tired of buying wore out guitars so I got him a G&L and it sounds great. I can't believe the differents in sound. The guitar teacher said it had a hum to it. I haven't had it setup yet but I think that will help. Maybe one day when he is older and still interested I will get him a USA G&L.

First, an excellent choice for your boy! :thumbup:

If you bought it new from a G&L dealer, there is a 2 year warranty, so return it to them so
they can fix or replace it.

If bought used, check out the Gallery for wiring diagrams, schematics, photo diagrams.

Here's the one you (or your tech) would be interested in: ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematics.

It's possible that the ground wire to the bridge has broken or come loose from the bridge. Make sure to check all ground
connections.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 pm

I saw one of those recently, and I was very impressed with the quality of the guitar.

Congrats!

Bill

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Thank you for the reply. I hope to take care of it next time I come home. I work on the road doing construction and don't get a chance to spend much time at home. I did buy new and was hoping that the guitar teacher could help us out when choosing a guitar. But his friendship is only good for a 1/2 hour a week. I can't blame him I guess. But I am really proud for my son that we were able to get that guitar. He tends to play more often now and he is catching on pretty good. I hope he stays with it. Thanks again.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 am

I have that guitar also.
Since you are on the road I will have to assume you haven't heard the hum. when the coil tap is pulled out, it will have a hum.. the coil tap should be the tone knob (push/pull) A good shop will set up the guitar for you without an extra charge.
Just my 2 cents

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Thank you Chris for your reply. It was sent in to be set-up last Saturday and my wife hasn't had a chance to go pick it up. But I will keep it in mind what you said. Thanks again

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Sorry for the double post but anyway, I had my son's guitar set-up. His guitar teacher wanted the "action lowered". Since I was in town a few days we went to pick up the guitar and I think it sounds even better. The hum was from the coil tap(Thank you Chris for your time and Knowledge). The strings seem alittle close to the frets but I guess thats what lowering the action does. The set-up was free. Hoover Music in Springfield Mo is great to do buisness with. They have been in buisness for 100 years. I don't know anything about guitars and have been kinda jack around by other music stores in town but Hoover seems to be a good place to deal with. Thanks guys for all your help.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:24 pm

good news. your son will appreciate the strings being close to the frets, makes it easier to play. glad you found a music store that takes good care of you.