G&L Tribute Rampage Pickup

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 am

Does anyone have any information on this? The only thing G&L says about it is that it's an alnico 5 magnet pickup wound to Jerry Cantrell's specs.

I just bought a tribute Rampage, and I like this pickup. I wouldn't mind buying another. I measured it and it's about 13.5K. The same reading as the AW4370 that comes in most hb G&Ls that don't have duncans. This suggests to me that it's really the same pickup. That's fine by me. I just want to know how to get another one. I think many people would prefer this one over the JB, which comes in the USA Rampage, if they didn't know which was which.

This is coming from someone who has about 25 pickups laying around my house at the moment from GFS, Duncan, Dimarzio, Anderson, Suhr, Bareknuckle, Motor City Pickups, Gibson, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Re: G&L Tribute Rampage Pickup

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Rocktacular96 wrote:Does anyone have any information on this? The only thing G&L says about it is that it's an alnico 5 magnet pickup wound to Jerry Cantrell's specs.

I just bought a tribute Rampage, and I like this pickup. I wouldn't mind buying another. I measured it and it's about 13.5K. The same reading as the AW4370 that comes in most hb G&Ls that don't have duncans. This suggests to me that it's really the same pickup. That's fine by me. I just want to know how to get another one. I think many people would prefer this one over the JB, which comes in the USA Rampage, if they didn't know which was which.

This is coming from someone who has about 25 pickups laying around my house at the moment from GFS, Duncan, Dimarzio, Anderson, Suhr, Bareknuckle, Motor City Pickups, Gibson, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Next week, I hope to contact Paul and get some more information on the new pickups including this one.

Stay tuned.

:ugeek:

Re: G&L Tribute Rampage Pickup

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 am

Awesome. Thanks, Craig.