Which tribute would you buy?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am

Love my S500 & LP but the weight kills. Want to buy a tribute for practice. Heard they were overall lighter & well made for the price. Ideally would like 7lbs or less. I play mostly blues & rock. Anyone try out the ascari or asat carved tops? No G&L dealer near me so can't try them out.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Re: Which tribute would you buy?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 pm

FWIW....Haven't weighed them, but I have a Tribby Legacy and ASAT Deluxe and they are both pretty "stout".

My guitar instructor was selling an Ascari and it felt lighter than those.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am

I like the asat special trib!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 am

huck wrote:I like the asat special trib!

I just purchased my first G&L guitar, a 2004 Tribute ASAT Special Premium. I absolutely LOVE it!

I also have two Fender MIM Standard FSR Tele's, but I love the sound of those MFD pickups in my ASAT Special.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am

FenderGuy53 wrote:

I just purchased my first G&L guitar, a 2004 Tribute ASAT Special Premium. I absolutely LOVE it!

I also have two Fender MIM Standard FSR Tele's, but I love the sound of those MFD pickups in my ASAT Special.

+1, I think you can get as many sounds out of those pups for what ever music you play, even the standard country TWANG!
love mine too!!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

huck wrote:
FenderGuy53 wrote:

+1, I think you can get as many sounds out of those pups for what ever music you play, even the standard country TWANG! love mine too!!

I think the sound of the ceramic MFD pickups is thicker and much more articulate than the alnico pickups found in my Fender FSR MIM Standard's.

I really LIKE my Fender FSR's, but I LOVE my new ASAT Special!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 am

get the sh, and you'll really be going light. i don't quite get practicing on a different guitar than playing normally though.