Japanese Made ASAT

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:35 pm

HI I have a 1991 Japanese made ASAT serial number 9100072. Does anyone have a record of how many Japanese ASATs were made? It is fine guitar.

Thanks

Re: Japanese Made ASAT

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:48 pm

I bet Craig (webmaster) knows or can shed some light on the subject... I know they're weren't offered for sale in the USA and that they were only produced for a short while. I remember reading a review of one in a UK guitar mag - they gave it a really good review.

Cheers,
KF

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:15 pm

MDGSydney wrote:HI I have a 1991 Japanese made ASAT serial number 9100072. Does anyone have a record of how many Japanese ASATs were made? It is fine guitar.

Thanks

Are we talking a Japanese produced Tribby here? In that case it would be more likely your guitar was built in October 1999 instead of a 1991 (see post in the 'Serial number significance' section in the knowledge base.)

In this 'What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?' you find a little more info. But how many there were produced in Japan is not stated and neither do I know :(

- Jos

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I remember at some point that someone more knowledgeable than myself said that they are still making ASATs in Japan, but only for the domestic Japanese market.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Katefan wrote:I bet Craig (webmaster) knows or can shed some light on the subject... I know they're weren't offered for sale in the USA and that they were only produced for a short while. I remember reading a review of one in a UK guitar mag - they gave it a really good review.

Cheers,
KF

The Japanese Tribute Series is still ongoing and continues to be built in Japan strictly for the
Japanese market.

yowhatsshakin wrote:
MDGSydney wrote:HI I have a 1991 Japanese made ASAT serial number 9100072. Does anyone have a record of how many Japanese ASATs were made? It is fine guitar.

Thanks

Are we talking a Japanese produced Tribby here? In that case it would be more likely your guitar was built in October 1999 instead of a 1991 (see post in the 'Serial number significance' section in the knowledge base.)

In this 'What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?' you find a little more info. But how many there were produced in Japan is not stated and neither do I know :(

- Jos

I agree with Jos' assessment of the Serial Number and that it was likely built October 1999.

Sorry, but I don't know the number of Japanese Tribute models which have been made, nor would
G&L likely make that number public.

Please do add this guitar to our G&L Registry.
Also, we would love to see pictures of this guitar, too. ;)

See this post for details about posting photos (along with other details): Welcome! Read This First.

Thanks and Welcome!

:ugeek: