New G&L Leagacy Tribute Missing Parts

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I just bought a NEW G&L Legacy Tribute Blueburst it came with a soft case, but there is no whammy bar, or user manual or allen wrenches I called Musicians Friends and they said it could take 3-4 weeks to get the missing parts. Can anybody tell me if this is all that is missing are there any set screws missing etc.. I'm a little upset at the missing parts. This is my first G&L and it kinda leaves a bad first impression.

Re: New G&L Leagacy Tribute Missing Parts

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 am

michael83815 wrote:This is my first G&L and it kinda leaves a bad first impression.

Hopefully on your dealer and not on G&L. ;)
I don't know, if there's a manual with the Tributes at all, I've never seen one. The same for the wrenches. First guitar which came to me with a full set of wrenches, was the G&L Legacy, but US made, not a Tribute.

The manuals there are a little bit outdated, but not completely: http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... _itemId=97

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 am

Well I am blaming G&L based on what MF said, basically implying that it is G&Ls fault. I think that 3-4 weeks is a little long to get a replacement no matter whose fault it is. I thought there would be at least one wrench for the whammy bar, I don't know if they ship with it on or off since I did not get one. There seems to be no one at G&L I can call to get some answers, so I thought I would try here. Thanks for your help Miles.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 am

Was the guitar in the original unopened box from the factory, or had it been opened or repackaged by MF?

Ordering parts from G&L can be a slow process, since it is a small shop and they are usually busy building guitars instead of monitoring emails. 3-4 weeks sounds unusual to me though. I suspect that is the processing time on MF's part. My experience has been that when you do reach somebody at the factory, the service is immediate. Try the on-line store at G&L's website (www.glguitars.com/shopping). They carry the tremolo arm (be aware that the Tribute and USA models are not interchangeable). I don't see the wrenches, but they don't resell a lot of minor hardware if it isn't specific to G&L products (for example, screws). They recommend going to a hardware store for common items. I suspect this would be the case if you need a wrench quickly.

I understand that this must be frustrating with a brand new guitar. I hope you can get quick resolution.

Ken

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry to hear about the missing bits. There is no manual, but there should be allen wrenches and of course the bar.

If you please email Chris Robosan at crobosan@bbesound.com with your shipping address, he can get the items sent out to you today. I will be sure he's aware of the situation.

Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to get you plugged in and rocking quickly.

Best to you,

Dave McLaren

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 am

michael83815 wrote:Well I am blaming G&L based on what MF said, basically implying that it is G&Ls fault. I think that 3-4 weeks is a little long to get a replacement no matter whose fault it is. I thought there would be at least one wrench for the whammy bar, I don't know if they ship with it on or off since I did not get one. There seems to be no one at G&L I can call to get some answers, so I thought I would try here. Thanks for your help Miles.

and since you talked to mf, you think they will not pass the buck and blame g&l? i would not trust mf to tell the truth, and to assign blame without knowing is rather presumptuous.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 pm

The Tribute Comanche I got a couple of weeks ago came with wrenches and the bar, but I almost ended up in the same situation. Entirely my fault, I forgot to pick up the zip-lock bag with the wrenches and bar in it - easy to do, though. The person filling the order at MF might have just forgotten to open the drawer marked "G&L tribute hardware"

The 3-4 week thing is probably because MF will order it from G&L, then ship to you afterward, rather than just telling G&L to send it straight out to you. The steps in the process never happens straight away, it runs in cycles, so there's time added on here and there. If you asked me to send you something today and I mailed it tomorrow it'd be almost a full week by the time it was at your door. Add in extra pauses between you ordering it and MF placing the order with G&L, processing incoming stock, preparing outgoing orders and getting things ready to ship and 3 weeks is about right.

Can anybody tell me if this is all that is missing are there any set screws missing etc..

The guitar itself will be just fine, the little bag of wrenches and the bar are just separate parts.
In the meantime, go play and enjoy it! Unless you usually use the whammy bar all the time you won't miss it, lots of good sounds to be had otherwise :thumbup:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Darth Invader wrote:Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry to hear about the missing bits. There is no manual, but there should be allen wrenches and of course the bar.

If you please email Chris Robosan at crobosan@bbesound.com with your shipping address, he can get the items sent out to you today. I will be sure he's aware of the situation.

Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to get you plugged in and rocking quickly.

Best to you,

Dave McLaren

Thanks Dave,

I sent the address.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm

As far as Musicians Friend they lost my future business. They handled this very badly.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:16 pm

michael83815 wrote:Thanks Dave,

I sent the address.

Chris has received your address and will be sending the parts today.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Wow, less than a 24 hour turn-around. Impressive...

Cheers,

Will

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:24 pm

michael83815 wrote:As far as Musicians Friend they lost my future business. They handled this very badly.

When you know Musician's Friends is the online subsidiary of Guitar Center not totally unexpected I would say. Most people over there involved with selling guitar undoubtedly have more chops than I do, but they know dick-$#@! about what they are actually selling. Or customer service for that matter. Making money on the other hand ....

Whereas I am totally comfortable buying instruments unseen on eBay or smaller musical instrument shops, GC and MF I would only use for accessories. And even there I recently learned they are not necessarily the cheapest.

- Jos

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I called a GC today about a used instrument they had listed. The salesman was actually a G&L owner himself. I've had that happen a couple of times. Not nearly as often as the bad information, though.

The one thing that has drawn me to GC for used instruments at times is the fact that so many of the managers look down on anything that's not a Fender- or Gibson-owned brand. Sometimes the pricing is ridiculously high, but other times it's down around half of what a knowledgeable seller would do. I guess ignorance can be good in some cases...

Ken

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 pm

willross wrote:Wow, less than a 24 hour turn-around. Impressive...

Cheers,

Will

+1 ,
Darth Rocks !! :elguitar054:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes, I have to say G&L turned a bad situation by MF into a very good one.

Thank you all.... So far I'm loving the guitar...

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

By the way, welcome to G&LDP!

Ken

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

I bought a G&L Legacy Tribute Blueburst from MF recently. I did not get the owner's manual as well but I ll list down the things I received so you can tally with what you are gonna receive.

-Whammy Bar
-A small plastic bag with 3 Allen Keys and a Spring
-A small plastic bag with 6 different sizes of Allen Keys
-A Warranty Registration Card

Hope you got ur stuff
Cheers