In praise of the Tribute Comanche and PTB

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

I've just had a wonderful afternoon - after 4 weeks of tearing my hair out troubleshooting, I finally got my audio interface working this morning (hopefully it's fixed permanently) so I can finally test out the delay and reverb pedals I got recently. The pedals themselves are excellent, but the guitar made all the difference to how they sounded. I spent 2 whole hours just messing about with various sounds, it was great!

I've played a few guitars that lose all their individuality when they're plugged into effects, but with the Tribute Comanche I could still sculpt the tone any way I liked. Even with dirt pedals, which was neat. I found myself playing the controls (pickup selector and PTB controls) as much as I was playing the guitar and the pedals. :ugeek:
For example, you can make a sound seem further away when playing through reverb by reducing the volume and rolling off the highs. Normally I'd do that in my DAW with an EQ plugin, but I found I could get the same effect by rolling back the treble knob as I was fading out. It made the whole thing more real, more of a performance.

Anyway, I was just so happy with it that I thought I'd sing its praises for a bit. Now I have to remember what my settings were the next time I play... :crazy: