Pickup height G&L Tribute Legacy

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 am

Greetings,

Recently I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to start playing guitar. He mentioned he had a surprise for me next time I'd come visit. Lo and behold three weeks later he got his old G&L Tribute Legacy out of storage with Peavey amp and he gifted them to me.

He did mention that he mucked about with the pickguard and took the pickups out and that after he put them back the guitar didn't sound like it did before, his conclusion was that he might have assembled the pickups in the wrong direction and the wrong height and that I had to figure it out before I started playing.

Now I've been looking around online and have been unable to find a clear and understandable source of information. I'm an engineer by profession, but guitars are something totally new to me.

I was hoping someone you direct me towards the right specs (pickup height and direction) for this guitar.

It would bee much appreciated.

Regards

st

Re: Pickup height G&L Tribute Legacy

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:07 am

sumotech wrote:Greetings,

Recently I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to start playing guitar. He mentioned he had a surprise for me next time I'd come visit. Lo and behold three weeks later he got his old G&L Tribute Legacy out of storage with Peavey amp and he gifted them to me.

He did mention that he mucked about with the pickguard and took the pickups out and that after he put them back the guitar didn't sound like it did before, his conclusion was that he might have assembled the pickups in the wrong direction and the wrong height and that I had to figure it out before I started playing.

Now I've been looking around online and have been unable to find a clear and understandable source of information. I'm an engineer by profession, but guitars are something totally new to me.

I was hoping someone you direct me towards the right specs (pickup height and direction) for this guitar.

It would bee much appreciated.

Regards

st

See this post: viewtopic.php?p=55948#p55948 as it shows the pickups in the pickguard (back and front).
See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: G&L Tech Tips: What should the pickup height setting be?.
For a wiring diagram, see the Gallery: Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: