NGD - ASAT Classic Tribute

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:03 am

I had a '52 reissue Tele back in the early eighties, and I traded it in on my first G&L, a 1984 SC-3.

I've been missing the Tele lately, so I got an ASAT Classic Tribute.

Thanks for the help posting pics!
Last edited by tymj2112 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: NGD - ASAT Classic Tribute

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 am

tymj2112 wrote:I had a '52 reissue Tele back in the early eighties, and I traded it in on my first G&L, a 1984 SC-3.

I've been missing the Tele lately, so I got an ASAT Classic Tribute.

I tried to post pics, but keep getting the message that my image size can't be determined (whatever that means).

You are probably not using the URL link to the actual image file; perhaps the URL to a page with the image in it, instead.
Try viewing the image and then right click with mouse and select "Copy Image URL". Now paste that URL between the Img tags.
Select Preview and if your image is within limits of our picture size, it should post. See our Tutorial: Posting photos.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

I always like the black pickguards on ASATs

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:38 pm

I agree about the black pick guards - never cared for tortoise shell.

Here's a pic of the old, road-worn SC-3:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Man, I love seeing a well played guitar. My guitars remain pristine from the factory, to the music store and to my front door. After that it's whatever happens, happens. Lol

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice guitars !! ..... I like the black PG's too , thought about changing my Classic from tortois to black , just hasn't bothered me enough to change it yet

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:58 am

especially a black PG on a blonde/butterscotch...

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 am

I have always loved the Butterscotch Blonde finish on Tele style guitars with the black PG. It totally reminds me of Bruce Springsteen.

... The weird thing about it is that I don't care for Springsteen at all, but I still love the guitar!

:evilgrin:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 pm

tymj2112 wrote:I have always loved the Butterscotch Blonde finish on Tele style guitars with the black PG. It totally reminds me of Bruce Springsteen.

... The weird thing about it is that I don't care for Springsteen at all, but I still love the guitar!

:evilgrin:

Haha. I've said the exact same thing AND I live in Jersey... :alright:

...Waits patiently for the Springsteen fans to arrive carrying pitchforks and torches to my front door...

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 am

Oooh! VERY nice! Congrats! I had a Tribute ASAT Classic. It was a great guitar, that I unfortunately had to sell during a money crunch. They're great guitars.

My old Tribute ASAT Classic: