Expanding Tribute line?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 am

Thinking out loud but can anyone comment on the possibility of a Tribute Climax?

USA Climax are hard to come by on the used market. I'm formerly a metal/shred player (now I play top 40 pop covers as a living. :evilgrin: ) along the lines of Vai, Bettencourt, Malmsteen with some thrash, death, glam, and hard rock.

I thought about the Ascari and Fiorani lines but I wanted another guitar with a Floyd Rose. I have various USA EVH Wolfgang, Kramer ProAxe, Charvel San Dimas, Washburn Nuno and a few custom pointy headstock guitars all with worn out Floyd Rose's and all in need of fret leveling.

Maybe I should save up for a Climax and be done with it... :searching:

Re: Expanding Tribute line?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm not into pointy guitars (except for my Interceptor Bass :) ), but I believe the Climax basically morphed into the modern Invader series. I doubt G&L would want two current products to be that similar.

Climaxes might not show up that often, but when they do the prices (at least the ones I've seen) tend to be very reasonable.

Ken

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:24 pm

KenC wrote:I'm not into pointy guitars (except for my Interceptor Bass :) ), but I believe the Climax basically morphed into the modern Invader series. I doubt G&L would want two current products to be that similar.

Climaxes might not show up that often, but when they do the prices (at least the ones I've seen) tend to be very reasonable.

Ken

This is correct about the Climax models and the modern Invader models.

As far as the Tribute Invader XL model, see this post: Tribute Vader history?.
Now, as you will notice, all of these Tribute Invader XL's have the Saddle-Lock bridge, not the Floyd Rose bridge you are seeking.
In 2010, there were two Tribute models which did have the Floyd Rose bridge: Tribute ASAT HB and Tribute Legacy HB (2010 version).
Both of these models were built in China and you can tell by the Serial Number, which will begin with an 'L'. All of these Tribute models have been discontinued, but you might
be able to find them at some the G&L dealers which carry the Tribute Series.

Hope this helps and good luck on your search.

BTW, you might also post a Want Ad in the GbL Marketplace.

:ugeek:

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:59 am

:shocked028: Lol. I must be delusional. I specifically checked the G&L site and saw "Invader" and clicked on each one, and somehow still managed to type Climax :cute467:

I'll have to peruse the local G&L shoppe and maybe get lucky finding one in either USA or Tribute. Eh, maybe it's just an excuse to get G&L #5 :BadIdea: