NGD ASAT Tribute Special

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 am

Well, I was watching an ASAT Tribute Special in blueburst on Ebay, brand new at a dealer with a starting price of [new prices are not allowed to be posted-Admin].
I thought nothing more of it until Sunday night when I checked my "watch list" and realised this Guitar hadn't got a bid and had ended.
That really surprised me because in the UK, they sell new for no less than £500.
I contacted the dealer, double checked it's is new which they confirmed and paid over the money over the phone.

I await excitedly and with a little trepidation for the delivery.

I'll post some pictures if all is well.

Dave.

Re: NGD ASAT Tribute Special

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:24 am

Jeez, have I joined an oppressive dictatorial discussion forum.
"New prices aren't allowed to be quoted"
Here in "rip-off" Britain, we pay over the odds for anything, especially compared to you guys in the States.
By quoting a price, I was hoping it may prompt other people to search out G&L Guitars, who perhaps normally wouldn't because of the UK prices.
Not that anyone has even commented on the post anyway!

I'll try to be a good boy in future.

PS. I didn't quote a new price. I posted the e-bay starting price. The new price was a couple of paragraphs below. :rolleyes:

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:33 am

I'm looking forward to pics,
you just happened to happen upon one of the few 'unobvious' rules

used prices are fine by the way,

elwood

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:21 am

Vintagebrit wrote:Jeez, have I joined an oppressive dictatorial discussion forum.
"New prices aren't allowed to be quoted"
Here in "rip-off" Britain, we pay over the odds for anything, especially compared to you guys in the States.
By quoting a price, I was hoping it may prompt other people to search out G&L Guitars, who perhaps normally wouldn't because of the UK prices.
Not that anyone has even commented on the post anyway!

I'll try to be a good boy in future.

PS. I didn't quote a new price. I posted the e-bay starting price. The new price was a couple of paragraphs below. :rolleyes:

Well, when you posted in the Intoduction sub-forum, I pointed you to this post: Welcome! Read This First.
You then followed up with this post, which you state that your guitar was new and it seems that you did not read the post I pointed you to
and so I had to edited out the new price you listed there with a note. And then you proceeded to again post the price you got this new G&L.
So, perhaps you might take the time now to read the Welcome! Read This First post before posting further.

This is G&L's website and they set the rules and are especially strict about new G&L instrument prices being posted here.

TIA for your cooperation.

:ugeek: