Register Tribute online?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi all,

New Tribute ASAT Special Owner here. I purchased the guitar from an authorized dealer via ebay and brought it back home (Germany). Now, in order to qualify for the two year manufacturer warranty I wanted to register it, but I don't have a warranty card...

How should I go about this? Can I register it online somewhere? Can't find anything on their site. Do I try yo contact a local distributor (but I bought via ebay USA )
How would a warranty actually be handled?

Any hints for me ?

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Register Tribute online?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 pm

you can register in the G&L Registry , all you need is the serial number

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:you can register in the G&L Registry , all you need is the serial number

He's talking about registering it with G&L for warranty purposes. Generally all you need is the receipt. I'm not sure how that works with an eBay purchase. Craig probably has a better answer.

The registry associated with this site has nothing to do with G&L and their warranties.

The goal of the Registry project is to compile as complete a database of G&L date, serial number, and instrument feature information as we possibly can. If you own a G&L, please submit it!! The benefits that this database will provide to researchers and collectors (present and future) should be obvious, and the success of Jim Werner's list of Fender data (known to its participants simply as "The List") stands as ample proof of the concept. Your guitar and bass data is needed in order for this project to be a success! Also check out the G&L Rarebirds section below to learn about another cool thing that we're already using the Registry data for!

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Just an observation while the registry has been referenced... the registry would benefit by retaining ownership history. What appears to happen is that when a registered guitar is sold or even put up for sale the owner often deletes information. Then everything depends on a new owner starting all over again. There must be a better way to handle this. I may not be presenting this accurately. I just notice that when I see a guitar for sale somewhere that has been listed in the registry, there is really minimal information left. The selling owner has removed anything other than a basic description of the guitar which is usually available in the sale ad.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks guys.

Well, I actually found the card... :oops:

So I guess I'll fill it out and send it to the US? Is there really no online way of doing this? Seems very 80s to me :lol:
Anyways, as you said, it's probably of no direct use anyways as the receipt should be the only requirement for a warranty claim...

Might have to inquire with the German distributor as I exported to Germany myself. However, they might say "tough luck, should have bought over here and not saved by importing it yourself"?

I'll find out I guess

Anyone been in a similar situation? Probably should stop worrying - it is only a tribute anyways...

Cheers,
Christian

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm

freizeitbeauftragter wrote:Thanks guys.

Well, I actually found the card... :oops:

So I guess I'll fill it out and send it to the US? Is there really no online way of doing this? Seems very 80s to me :lol:
Anyways, as you said, it's probably of no direct use anyways as the receipt should be the only requirement for a warranty claim...

Might have to inquire with the German distributor as I exported to Germany myself. However, they might say "tough luck, should have bought over here and not saved by importing it yourself"?

I'll find out I guess

Anyone been in a similar situation? Probably should stop worrying - it is only a tribute anyways...

Cheers,
Christian

Yes, as long as you retain the receipt and it clearing shows who you purchased it from, that would cover the requirement for a warranty claim.
See the G&L Support page for instructions on warranty claims.

:ugeek: