Full Tone Report on the GbL LE-2 by Nick Jaffe

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Check it out!

Last edited by Craig on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed video post

Re: Full Tone Report on the GbL LE-2 by Nick Jaffe

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Awesome guitar, wonderful sound, superb playing and review! Much thanks!
Last edited by tdiers on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Cool video !! ... that is the tone too

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 pm

The guitar looks amazingly good in the video......just as scrumptious as a guitar gets IMO.

Nice PR describing how the thing came about.

On the other hand tone demos are subjective. The video had moments of beauty and ugliness. Hopefully people will understand it is the gear, the playing and the video compression if they don't like something in particular. Not that Nick cannot play, it is just what he chooses to play and the length of time he dwells on something are not conducive to a good demo IMO. Personally, I like to hear variety and settings that do not drowned the guitar in effects. It is one thing to use distortion to demonstrate how the pickups break up. If you bury the tone under fuzz it becomes a demo of the fuzz source not the guitar. The same goes with delays, reverbs and modulation. Briefly play some blues, shred a little, play some country and jazz using a variety of riffs, arpeggios and strums. Throw in some plectrum, hybrid and finger picking. ~my .02 on demoing.

And more on the look, people who do not like the Fallout pickguard may not feel the same way seeing what the guitar looks like in a musician's hands rather than sitting in a stand or on a table. That sweeping guard with the matching pickups is a great accent to the curves of the body.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Patrick, thanks for posting and promoting this wonderful model. Hope it leads to more people placing an order. Because they should ;-)

- Jos

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 am

Salmon wrote:The guitar looks amazingly good in the video......just as scrumptious as a guitar gets IMO.

Nice PR describing how the thing came about.
Personally, I like to hear variety and settings that do not drowned the guitar in effects. It is one thing to use distortion to demonstrate how the pickups break up. If you bury the tone under fuzz it becomes a demo of the fuzz source not the guitar. The same goes with delays, reverbs and modulation. Briefly play some blues, shred a little, play some country and jazz using a variety of riffs, arpeggios and strums. Throw in some plectrum, hybrid and finger picking. ~my .02 on demoing.

Salmon,

It sounds like you have a mission to complete. Post it when you complete your demo of an LE-2. I would love to hear her go through a workout across multiple genres. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 am

If Nick was doing request's , I think the Witchta Lineman would be absolutly fabulous on the LE 2 ....

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:If Nick was doing request's , I think the Witchta Lineman would be absolutly fabulous on the LE 2 ....

+1