Introducing The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Anyone else see this yet?

http://www.glguitars.com/news/Muscle-Ca ... ection.asp

Re: Introducing The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:Anyone else see this yet?

Yeah, seen it. Including the acknowledgment to you at the bottom of this http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/SS_Collection/ ;-)

- Jos

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:12 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:

Yeah, seen it. Including the acknowledgment to you at the bottom of this http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/SS_Collection/ ;-)

- Jos

Oh, that ole thing? :evilgrin:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Mmmm. A Fallout in hugger orange would be nice.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 pm

I bought a number of them. I may need to keep an Orange Legacy for myself. Though I may pinstripe it.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Post a pic of the orange when they come in. Hmm, pinstripes 8-)

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm curious to see the blue. It doesn't look metallic or metallic flake which I think will look nice.

So are these just new colors offered on the models they list? Are options limited like for lefties, neck options, etc.?

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:11 pm

You guys ever eat lunch?? We've been talking about this for a few day now in the lunch report! :D

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:58 am

Very cool! Now I HATE to be one of "those guys" that keep asking for stuff that's not on tne menu, but do you think it would be possible to order an SB-1 in that series?

Huh? :clap:

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:33 am

Are there any future plans to add colors? I'd like to see some Mopar high impact colors! Here's the high impact color chart: http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/High ... Colors.htm

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:22 am

lefty_major wrote:I'm curious to see the blue. It doesn't look metallic or metallic flake which I think will look nice.

So are these just new colors offered on the models they list? Are options limited like for lefties, neck options, etc.?

So far, they are offered on only the six models listed. All the regular USA options for those six models remain intact.

Sprinter 92 wrote:Are there any future plans to add colors? I'd like to see some Mopar high impact colors! Here's the high impact color chart: http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/High ... Colors.htm

My lips are sealed! :evilgrin:

LarryNJ wrote:Very cool! Now I HATE to be one of "those guys" that keep asking for stuff that's not on tne menu, but do you think it would be possible to order an SB-1 in that series?

Huh? :clap:

You always ask your local guitar store to order one in that color, asking forgiveness later...

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:28 am

You always ask your local guitar store to order one in that color, asking forgiveness later...

I bet I could get 'er done!

And I would NOT ask forgiveness! :happy0007:

Very cool colors, and an SB-1 has been on my radar for awhile so....

Ring! Ring!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:24 pm

speaking of Hot Rodding ..... this one seems to have a Hot Rod expander switch/ coil split

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Detroit-Mus ... 3ce27d258f

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:06 pm

So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Fallout , maybe SS Hugger Orange or Yellow fever Fallout and had my local dealer price one of the new SS Hugger orange with a few options I wanted .... mainly quartersawn neck , saddleloc bridge and locking tuners .... but come to find out I guess there is no options available on the SS series , they come how they come and the quartersawn neck and locking tuners are not available on this model ??? ...... just surprised no normal options

the other Fallout I'm interested in is the Yellow fever with matching Head Stock , 1 ply black pg , locking tuners , saddleloc bridge , QS neck and ebony board .... pretty much like the SS series but with Yellow Fever and ebony instead of rosewood and Hugger Orange

I love the Hugger Orange and I could change out the tuners for locking and I can/could live with out the QS neck so I guess it's not a total deal breaker ... but .... the yellow fever would look good with the Ebony finger board and I could get the quartersawn neck and locking tuners from the factory like I want ..... not sure witch one to get ??

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:speaking of Hot Rodding ..... this one seems to have a Hot Rod expander switch/ coil split

It is an "off menu" option for the Legacy. I was thinking of doing a series/parallel push pull for the LE-2 on the volume knob. THAT would be trippy.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Fallout , maybe SS Hugger Orange or Yellow fever Fallout and had my local dealer price one of the new SS Hugger orange with a few options I wanted .... mainly quartersawn neck , saddleloc bridge and locking tuners .... but come to find out I guess there is no options available on the SS series , they come how they come and the quartersawn neck and locking tuners are not available on this model ??? ...... just surprised no normal options

the other Fallout I'm interested in is the Yellow fever with matching Head Stock , 1 ply black pg , locking tuners , saddleloc bridge , QS neck and ebony board .... pretty much like the SS series but with Yellow Fever and ebony instead of rosewood and Hugger Orange

I love the Hugger Orange and I could change out the tuners for locking and I can/could live with out the QS neck so I guess it's not a total deal breaker ... but .... the yellow fever would look good with the Ebony finger board and I could get the quartersawn neck and locking tuners from the factory like I want ..... not sure witch one to get ??

I asked Dave about the SS Collection specs and if they are limited editions or special builds with a limited production end date.
Here's his reply:

Hi Craig,

The guitars have #1 necks and there are no options on these models other than the colors available. They are not limited in quantity, nor are they expressly limited in time. That said, we don't keep collections around for all that long.

Thanks, Craig.

Dave

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:speaking of Hot Rodding ..... this one seems to have a Hot Rod expander switch/ coil split

The mini-toggle switch is a coil tap for the bridge humbucker-stock wiring for the Legacy HB. See the Custom Build Specifications Sheet posted in the eBay Ad.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I figured it out Craig and forgot to edit my post ..... on another note ... I have a Hugger Orange Fallout coming this week :banana:

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:I figured it out Craig and forgot to edit my post ..... on another note ... I have a Hugger Orange Fallout coming this week :banana:

I cannot wait to see it!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:35 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:
Fumble fingers wrote: I have a Hugger Orange Fallout coming this week :banana:

I cannot wait to see it!

it's here !! .... pick it up tomorrow :evilgrin:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:51 am

I think the prices of these muscle cars are in a bubble. It is a hype that will die down, never out, imo.
So many tv shows about fixing up that car. I like to watch how they fix them to give me confidence to fix my own cars, other than that, the buying and sell of cars I can do without.

It was a good move for G&L to hop on this hot ticket. I wish they would use a #4 neck on these specially made guitars.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:46 am

Agreed. I wish the neck options were open up on this. I don't like the 1 5/8" nut.

I forget, I the SS Collection even available for lefties?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 am

lefty_major wrote:Agreed. I wish the neck options were open up on this. I don't like the 1 5/8" nut.

I don't see why they wouldn't be open to lefties. Order one from your local dealer with a #4 neck and ask forgiveness later.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 am

JagInTheBag wrote:
lefty_major wrote:Agreed. I wish the neck options were open up on this. I don't like the 1 5/8" nut.

I don't see why they wouldn't be open to lefties. Order one from your local dealer with a #4 neck and ask forgiveness later.

Why all the confusion? :shocked028: Is it the clients job to guess what options are available?
Your solution is horrible. Think of what you are asking from the client. Spend their time (time they can't get back), effort, and whatever else and HOPE G&L would accept.
So what happens if G&L declines? Total waste of time. Thanks JagInTheBag. :thumbdown:

There is only so many options one can choose on a guitar, it seems to me it would be simple to tell the potential clients what options are available. Instead we get a black box.
I get the impression G&L doesn't have a marketing division, which is good to keep the cost down, but they need to be clear on options.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 pm

meowmix wrote:
JagInTheBag wrote:

Why all the confusion? :shocked028: Is it the clients job to guess what options are available?
Your solution is horrible. Think of what you are asking from the client. Spend their time (time they can't get back), effort, and whatever else and HOPE G&L would accept.
So what happens if G&L declines? Total waste of time. Thanks JagInTheBag. :thumbdown:

There is only so many options one can choose on a guitar, it seems to me it would be simple to tell the potential clients what options are available. Instead we get a black box.
I get the impression G&L doesn't have a marketing division, which is good to keep the cost down, but they need to be clear on options.

See my previous post; Dave was pretty clear about no options on the SS Collection models.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

lefty_major wrote:I forget, I the SS Collection even available for lefties?

I am checking with Dave on this.

Stay tuned.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Craig wrote:
lefty_major wrote:I forget, I the SS Collection even available for lefties?

I am checking with Dave on this.

Stay tuned.

I just heard back from Dave (he's back from his vacation):

Yes, we can do the current SS Collection models in lefthanded. I say current in case we add something that can’t be done lefty.
Probably not, but I’m just being safe on that.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks, Craig. Now just waiting on the #3 neck option to open up.

Concluding The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection

Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 pm

The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection is being concluded this month per an email sent to all G&L dealers.
There are only a few production slots left, so if you have put off ordering one, contact your G&L dealer ASAP.

Re: Concluding The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection

Tue May 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Craig wrote:The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection is being concluded this month per an email sent to all G&L dealers.
There are only a few production slots left, so if you have put off ordering one, contact your G&L dealer ASAP.

That is somewhat funny now Vintage Guitar spent a couple of lines on this Series in last month's volume.

- Jos

Re: Concluding The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection

Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Craig wrote:The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection is being concluded this month per an email sent to all G&L dealers.

That is somewhat funny now Vintage Guitar spent a couple of lines on this Series in last month's volume.

- Jos

Yeah it is, since the SS Collection was announced in June 2014 and took them this long to mention it. :lolno:

At least the June issue (with Pat Travers on the cover) mentions the R/T Collection which was announced in Feb. 2015.

Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 am

Any idea if G&L kept records of how many DMS SS guitars/basses were produced in each color?