Strap Locks

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm getting ready to stick some strap locks on the 'ole Invader. What's the fav brand for a G&L?

Re: Strap Locks

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I prefer Schallers. I have not put them on my Legacy at this point as I feel the oversize stock ones are pretty secure but on
any kind of guitar with the button at the heel of the neck, like a 335, I always use them. I have some Dunlops too but I prefer the Schallers...
they are a little lower profile and don't protrude so much.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm

I second the Schallers.
I actually just have the stock ones on my S-500. They are big enough that I don't really worry about the strap slipping off. I have Schallers on all of my other guitars though, and they work great.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 pm

I have Dunlops on mine. I recently tried to fit another set and the screws were very soft steel and I rounded them - oops! I couldn't get any replacements so had to fashion some. So go with Schaller's!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 am

Another vote for Schallers here...have them on my Legacy and Les Paul.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 am

Guess I'm in the minority, but I have Dunlops on my Legacy. No problems at all. But I do agree, the smaller profile on the Schallers is appealing.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 am

First off, let me thank you for changing your avatar. That other one was making me want to go to the fridge and get another beer, no matter what the time of day. I've got to do something about my "six-pack abs". :lolno:

Secondly, I concur with the consensus about the Schaller strap locks. I have them on 90% of my guitars. They are easy snap in and out of, and are very secure. My only complaint is that sometimes they tend to do a little squeaking as the inside rotates. I'd bet that little graphite would fix that right up. They're also a bit pricey, but seem to be of quite good quality. Good luck.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:12 pm

MrRoundel wrote:First off, let me thank you for changing your avatar. That other one was making me want to go to the fridge and get another beer, no matter what the time of day. I've got to do something about my "six-pack abs". :lolno:

I had to change it. I thought I might be intimidating the other forum members. It's a curse. I have to deal with it every day. :happy0007:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 pm

I have Dunlops on a few of my guitars but have never really tried Schallers. They might be worth checking out after seeing the feedback here. BTW, I also think the G&L strap buttons are superior to just about any other stock offerings out there. Next best thing to straplocks if you ask me.

Lates,

Connor

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:19 am

BTW: In case people who have replaced their stock buttons haven't done it, the G&L buttons work great for hanging your Schaller-equipped straps on. It may work with Dunlops too? Just nail them to a board, or directly to a wall and the straps hang nicely on them. It also makes it less likely that you'll lose them, as you may want to put them back on if, and when, you sell the guitar. Cheers.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:05 pm

First thing I do with a Les Paul, or any Gibson for that matter, is put on Schaller Strap Locks. Some of my G&Ls have them too; but like Anglewood said, the G&L strap buttons are the best. I usually won't change them. I think the way the Schaller design "cradles" the guitar is superior, but you do have to be careful about keeping the nuts tight on the strap part.

Bill

Sun May 02, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks all! Went with the "Chrome" Schaller's. :thumbup: